Alpine type R 12" 4ohm DVC help

Participant count
  • Participant list

87ford302

As hard as it is, I know with about 24 hours total of google searching, I could find the answers to my questions but I'm looking for straight forward answers.

so let me start by asking my main questions. Straight forward answers would be appreciated instead of critiquing me on my chosen equipment or recording better equipment. I have "base head" friends but they're the type to go get a cheap amp and sub from the flea market and they go by "peak" ratings which drives me insane.

1. Will an Alpine Type R handle 1000watts RMS.

2. What size sub box will I need to handle 1000rms each (two subs total) without making the sub blow. I understand the two can share a port or each sub have its own port.

3.i plan on using these daily, so is 1000 okay for that? If not, then what would you recommend.

4. Break in procedure

5. I KNOW bass boost is terrible. So what amount of boost can I run on the amp? how much rms power should I run with how much bass boost for the best sound?

6. I was told you barely have to turn the gain up to make type R's loud. I know the problem with them is that they get hot fast. I don't know how loud is "pretty loud" but if pretty loud is louder than my type S's and gain "barely turned up" is less than 500 per sub, would that mean they're just more efficient of subs? Or would 1000rms sound the same between two type r's and two type S's (besides the better lows of the R.)

I saw a thread a long time ago where a guy asked if a type R can handle 1000rms and a guy answered "if you have to ask this question then your answer to your question is no" or something like that. And someone else said yes, if you know what you're doing AND with the correct size box. On a scale of 0(total noob)-10(knowing what I'm doing). I'm a 7 and a half or 8. I'm already fimilure with how boxes affect the subs to some degree . But I've never built a box or know the box specs of these subs. This will be my 4th set up, (3rd being a budget system I set up for someone else). I also made the mistake of not breaking in my type s so they're starting to sound funky at louder volumes (ran them 500watts each from the start)

Plans .. I'm going to be using a hifonics BRX2400.1D. There's going to be two 12 inch 4ohm DVC type R subs. plan to wire the two subs to a finial independence of 1ohm and 2000watts And I will tune it with a DMM as I did with my type S's and use a 50hz tone and ohms law and that fun stuff. I tuned my two type S at 31.3v on the DMM for 1000watts at 1ohm. (Guy at geek squad once tried to tell me changing the gain won't affect the rms, smh). I don't necessarily utilize base boost and I keep settings on the head unit down. Just treble +3 and mid +2. When I tune, I turn the radio up to about 27 or 28 but my normal listening level is about 24 on that radio so if I wanna show off, I usually crank it up higher. I have a crown Vic with a 130amp alt (last owner put it on even tho it's a p71) so i plan on getting a 170amp alt and big 3 upgrade. As for the box, I'll have one custom made but if anyone with experience on running these subs hard with a perfect size box, please give your input. I plan to break these in for about two weeks and then I'll crank it up to 2000watts. people are saying to run them between 500 and 700 watts each but that sounds more like a 0-400watt total upgrade with that logic, making it seem not worth it to upgrade to type r's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.