American Bass HD 15 Build - Ford Fiesta Trunk Box

Participant count
  • Participant list

XORstatus
10+ year member

CAR audio IDIOT :P
Design:

The box is tuned to 33 hz, the port is 29.5 inches long and has 67.7 Ft2 of port area (14.25 x 4.75). The box is ~ 7.7 cubes overall, ~ 6.3 cubes internal, 4.5 cubes allocated to the sub and the remainder allocated to the port, the port material, and bracing. I used this excel "program" to hemp me with box parameters. Here is a link to the the excel program I created:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/com5nnik9a...unks.xlsx?dl=0 (Dropbox download).

This specification sheet is the only documentation that came with the Sub?!?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Build Day Four: part three

The day that the box is installed some ******* hits me as I'm turning onto the street where I live. I cant even listen to my sub today. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Nice.... If oil prices rebound I'll be buying the new focus rs... When it's released. [emoji4][emoji4] let me know how much room you have in it cause I'll be doing a 15 or 18 in it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice.... If oil prices rebound I'll be buying the new focus rs... When it's released. [emoji4][emoji4] let me know how much room you have in it cause I'll be doing a 15 or 18 in it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a Fiesta, not a Focus. I think the trunk dimensions are tighter in the Fiesta. I am not quite sure how significant these differences are.

If the Focus dimensions are similar to the Fiesta then the box that I built is the VERY LARGEST that can "fit" into the trunk. In all reality, the box that I built is larger than what should be able to fit into the trunk "on paper." With love and some flexible car parts I was able to get it in there. Note that it took the better part of a half of an hour to get it in.

Total internal volume is about 6.3 cubes which is not nearly sufficient for an 18 with any type of significant power. Remember 6.3 cubes includes the port volume, the bracing, and port wall material displacement. I think its highly doubtful that you'll be able to get a decent 18 in that trunk. The trunk opening is only a smidgen over 16 inches tall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.