Amp clipping at low volume on a rf 2500bd and i have the big 3, 0 gauge,n dual batts?

Hehe I'm getting under in skin now. Yea 153db build is a fail. I bet u never ever owned a car that loud in ur life.
If I was 3db away from you no wall, 1/4 cone area, half power what could I have done with a Tahoe and how much you spent? You are a prime example of money over sence

Ur livin in the past man. Get that stuff out ur sig! U don't have a scion no more and u ain't doing a 150 no more. Also it's easier to get louder in a small cabin like a tiny scion compared to a huge Tahoe. We been over this. Ur the prime example of know it all Dbag in the car. audio world..

Actually you don't see many tcs that high. There is no room to stuff cone area and you can't fit dual alts. The loudest I've heard of was a 53 walled 4th order. We have also shown many examples of very loud tahoes.

Look on their website and it list their efficiency. I guess people don't read anymore.
Considering they're constant power its really not a bad efficiency rating. They're just like constant power computer power supplies. Anything that is designed to put a constant power won't be "efficient", but for that type of supply it is quite efficient.

Actually you don't see many tcs that high. There is no room to stuff cone area and you can't fit dual alts. The loudest I've heard of was a 53 walled 4th order. We have also shown many examples of very loud tahoes.
And I have to agree with you there. Tahoes are relatively easy to get loud in. Just look at some of the ****** builds that here local in Tahoes/SUV Style vehicles.

Considering they're constant power its really not a bad efficiency rating. They're just like constant power computer power supplies. Anything that is designed to put a constant power won't be "efficient", but for that type of supply it is quite efficient.
What do you see on that page makes them constant power? Do they make the same at 1 and 2ohm? No it's a bit more at 1ohm. Do they make power at 12v? No it's way less than 14.4. It's hype

What do you see on that page makes them constant power? Do they make the same at 1 and 2ohm? No it's a bit more at 1ohm. Do they make power at 12v? No it's way less than 14.4. It's hype
The fact that it has constant power written all over the page? If they are indeed not constant power then that is a bad efficiency. But everything I have read/seen say that they are constant power. Unless we are talking about a different Rockford amp, in which case I apologize because I must have misread something somewhere.

Lets not forget you were the guy that swore up and down that my ****** little RF Prime amp didn't have an adjustable SS...

The fact that it has constant power written all over the page? If they are indeed not constant power then that is a bad efficiency. But everything I have read/seen say that they are constant power. Unless we are talking about a different Rockford amp, in which case I apologize because I must have misread something somewhere.
Lets not forget you were the guy that swore up and down that my ****** little RF Prime amp didn't have an adjustable SS...
I was wrong about your prime. I have not seen another with a SS. Look at the specs they list and see what I see. They are not like JL slash and HDs which make power even with lower voltage, that is why they have bad efficiency, they store power for drops.

He was to busy ******* *** on caco
Haha, I'm not really a fan of CACO. I'm a member on there, but I think its stupid that you have to pay to sell on there or do pretty much anything.

Your last post on that thread made my day, haha

I was wrong about your prime. I have not seen another with a SS. Look at the specs they list and see what I see. They are not like JL slash and HDs which make power even with lower voltage, that is why they have bad efficiency, they store power for drops.
I don't think you're understanding what constant power means. Say there is always a 300 amp draw. You may give it a 4 ohm signal, so it is only outputting 1500 watts, but that draw is still there. It is essentially like you said by storing power for drops. That IS constant power.

I don't think you're understanding what constant power means. Say there is always a 300 amp draw. You may give it a 4 ohm signal, so it is only outputting 1500 watts, but that draw is still there. It is essentially like you said by storing power for drops. That IS constant power.
But they don't store for drops. So why would it need to pull 300 amps to output 1500 watts? Isn't that just the opposite of how it should work? I could understand if it never lost power with rise but it does, I could understand if it never lost power for voltage drops but it does.

It's marketing just like the huge plastic motor covers on punches and huge basket cover ups on powers.

But they don't store for drops. So why would it need to pull 300 amps to output 1500 watts? Isn't that just the opposite of how it should work? I could understand if it never lost power with rise but it does, I could understand if it never lost power for voltage drops but it does. It's marketing just like the huge plastic motor covers on punches and huge basket cover ups on powers.
I'm not saying its practical. Believe me, I am not a huge fan of Rockford. I'm just saying that efficiency for that type of power supply isn't bad. For a normal power supply though it is terrible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.