Any ideas for my 2002 SE-R Spec V

Originally posted by dbhittin Its called a dry Nitrous kit. Those are used for Stock Engines. A wet kit u have to have a modded engine.
Which is what you have on your Camaro right?

- Steve

Originally posted by rco8786 Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. A stock air box is nowhere near enough surface area, not to mention the little teeny hole it has to pull the air through.
Dahm im an idiot I DID NOT KNOW THAT , I better go off back to tech training I guess 20 years wasnt enough , Explain "SURFACE AREA" Obviously you have no clue about intakes . Plus why would a car company not give an engine enough air , If they could give it more (and the car really needed it) to get more HP Dont you think they would ? Why wouldnt they if its that fricking easy for another 4,000 horsepower ? I know> they probably never thought about it right :p Man maybe someone should get on the phone to all the stupid car companies and tell the to give there car more air , Hell they would prolly give you a job for coming up with more hp for there cars since its so simple and cheap ! But your right they prolly want to restrict airflow to slow down there cars because there to fast already !

Originally posted by Spddracer Dahm im an idiot I DID NOT KNOW THAT , I better go off back to tech training I guess 20 years wasnt enough , Explain "SURFACE AREA" Obviously you have no clue about intakes . Plus why would a car company not give an engine enough air , If they could give it more (and the car really needed it) to get more HP Dont you think they would ? Why wouldnt they if its that fricking easy for another 4,000 horsepower ? I know> they probably never thought about it right :p Man maybe someone should get on the phone to all the stupid car companies and tell the to give there car more air , Hell they would prolly give you a job for coming up with more hp for there cars since its so simple and cheap ! But your right they prolly want to restrict airflow to slow down there cars because there to fast already !
Go find a straw from mcdonalds and **** through it...now try ******* without the straw..little different huh?

Originally posted by Spddracer Ya and a car and a Mcdonalds straw have alot in common ! Might want to check this thread out

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=15844
Do you know what a comparison is? How about this: get a car with a stock airbox and dyno it, take the same car, put an intake on it, and dyno it. I'm not making it up, the difference has been proven, while not huge there is a difference.
and what was that thread for? are you making a comparison of me to someone who ripped you off?

Heh, a new intake might give you a 5-10hp gain max - something you would notice on the dyno sheet, but not behind the gas pedal.

- Steve

Originally posted by rco8786 Do you know what a comparison is? How about this: get a car with a stock airbox and dyno it, take the same car, put an intake on it, and dyno it. I'm not making it up, the difference has been proven, while not huge there is a difference.

and what was that thread for? are you making a comparison of me to someone who ripped you off?
Na just what I think of teenagers trying to tell me I dont now jack ! I would like to see a dyno run with factory cars NO MODS except a air filter and see what the diff is , Im guessing nothing Def not worth the 100+ dollars they cost ! Im was simply saying a so called cold air intake is not worth the money it cost , The cheap ones sit in the engine compartment and **** HOT air (less Power) The ones that go into the fenders **** water in puddles and ruin engines , Maybe if you spent $300 on a good one with the water diverter it may add a few HP and might be safe for your engine , But for $300 I can make real HP !

Originally posted by Spddracer Na just what I think of teenagers trying to tell me I dont now jack ! I would like to see a dyno run with factory cars NO MODS except a air filter and see what the diff is , Im guessing nothing Def not worth the 100+ dollars they cost ! Im was simply saying a so called cold air intake is not worth the money it cost , The cheap ones sit in the engine compartment and **** HOT air (less Power) The ones that go into the fenders **** water in puddles and ruin engines , Maybe if you spent $300 on a good one with the water diverter it may add a few HP and might be safe for your engine , But for $300 I can make real HP !
I never said it gave you huge gains...but you would be **** hard pressed to find any modded race car that still has a stock airbox.

Originally posted by Spddracer Na just what I think of teenagers trying to tell me I dont now jack ! I would like to see a dyno run with factory cars NO MODS except a air filter and see what the diff is , Im guessing nothing Def not worth the 100+ dollars they cost ! Im was simply saying a so called cold air intake is not worth the money it cost , The cheap ones sit in the engine compartment and **** HOT air (less Power) The ones that go into the fenders **** water in puddles and ruin engines , Maybe if you spent $300 on a good one with the water diverter it may add a few HP and might be safe for your engine , But for $300 I can make real HP !
Honestly, when your engine is making more horsepower, it is ******* in more air. So when you do all the other stuff for 300 bucks, the engine is going to want more air. and then you add more and more parts for more horsepower, but your engine can't take full advantage of it because it's not getting enough air. YES surface area does matter, the more surface area the engine can pull air through the more air it can pull easier(thus the mcdonald's straw comparison).

Originally posted by rco8786 I never said it gave you huge gains...but you would be **** hard pressed to find any modded race car that still has a stock airbox.
Exactly MODDED RACE CAR , A 2002 Sentra is not a modded race car and thats what we are talking about , Look at a modded race cars air filter then tell me a 2.0L sentra needs more air than is supplied with the factory air box Check this littel tid bit out >>http://az.pca.org/motor_pool/articles/technical_potpourri_and_product.htm

Originally posted by Spddracer Exactly MODDED RACE CAR , A 2002 Sentra is not a modded race car and thats what we are talking about , Look at a modded race cars air filter then tell me a 2.0L sentra needs more air than is supplied with the factory air box Check this littel tid bit out >>http://az.pca.org/motor_pool/articles/technical_potpourri_and_product.htm
OK modded race car was not the right word to use, i just didn't want to use something like street racer or something. And yes I do think that a 2.0 Sentra would do good with more than the stock airbox.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.