Anyone following the Steve Meade vs EMF audio DD1 drama??

Papermaker aka dicktaker talked mad **** about how loud his setup was then made a bet and lost and got banned because he wouldn't own up to it and pay the other party who themself had been previously banned for using the n word.
Y'all full of ****. Dude never took the bet. Never posted a scantion score and never put up any money. He's a ***** and talks out his ass just like the rest of the guys here. Morons

Last edited:
I only use the oscope for mids/highs with the speaker disconnected. If you want maximum output just do it by ear or with the oscope connected with music going and look for the point that it clips (hard to see on the small screen tbh). I'm usually a-ok with a 0 or -3db tone on mids/highs and setting it based on that. You will leave some output on the table though but will protect your speakers
You use 0db? If so I'll agree your probably in. The clear.
Other than that Don't matter if you use an oscope or not media/sources are never the same.
The video proved that. Not to mention he had a hell of a time on one single tone not even close to musical passages
Not to mention setting gains with a tone and playing music are drastically different.
Musical waveforms are much more complex and way different than a stright tone.

Yup, talking smack directly to @whitedragon551 and banned him. Now's he's back unchanged still the same ol **** talker he was before. Like he's better than anyone here yet has nothing to show for except a few subs he made. Big whoop...
You never competed in you life. You didn't build any box and your gear is used junk.
I built a box in my car by myself that I could change tuned in about 30 minutes and it did mid 150s head rest. You are a moron. There is no subject you are strong at and I've yet to see you do anything anywhere..

You use 0db? If so I'll agree your probably in. The clear.
Other than that Don't matter if you use an oscope or not media/sources are never the same.
The video proved that. Not to mention he had a hell of a time on one single tone not even close to musical passages
Not to mention setting gains with a tone and playing music are drastically different.
Musical waveforms are much more complex and way different than a stright tone.
My mids/highs are so overpowered that they keep up with a 154db sub stage very well. Power is so cheap and putting in more mids/highs in a full size gm is so easy that I just set them with 0db and adjust from there. The sub amp obviously I adjust based on the song but I'm sure I could get away with -3db tones if I weren't giving 2x rms to my mids.

I was playing a 100 hz tone.

you dont use a tone on mids and highs ever because they are all at 0 db which even if you have the volume down a lot, its already past clipping. When I said by ear, I've always said with music, never test tone. Take test tones out from the equation completely which was your mistake. You are listening to music, not test tones stop using them.

I only use the oscope for mids/highs with the speaker disconnected. If you want maximum output just do it by ear or with the oscope connected with music going and look for the point that it clips (hard to see on the small screen tbh). I'm usually a-ok with a 0 or -3db tone on mids/highs and setting it based on that. You will leave some output on the table though but will protect your speakers
Ya i always set with a 0db tone to be safe on my side.

Honestly half the time I have no idea where EXACTLY my sub amp gain is at. I change subs and boxes so often. I set it for one box/sub and leave it for the next vice versa. The source signal bass knob and my ears just become my way of keeping the output under control. Like right now in my current setup wired to .5 ohm I have yet to put the bass knob past 1/2 turn. I know the gain on the amp is too high for what I have now. I am just too busy or lazy to go back there and adjust it. So I play it till smells a bit or if it sounds like crap then turn it down.

My mids/highs are so overpowered that they keep up with a 154db sub stage very well. Power is so cheap and putting in more mids/highs in a full size gm is so easy that I just set them with 0db and adjust from there. The sub amp obviously I adjust based on the song but I'm sure I could get away with -3db tones if I weren't giving 2x rms to my mids.
What mids and highs you using? It's hard the keep up after 160 with the loading on the diaphrams. I got a killer deal on some hertz mpk 165.3 pros. With 500 pet side active. I'm just not into the PA drivers they don't have the strong 75hz output.. I'm porting the mids to see if I can get about more midbass.

Honestly half the time I have no idea where EXACTLY my sub amp gain is at. I change subs and boxes so often. I set it for one box/sub and leave it for the next vice versa. The source signal bass knob and my ears just become my way of keeping the output under control. Like right now in my current setup wired to .5 ohm I have yet to put the bass knob past 1/2 turn. I know the gain on the amp is too high for what I have now. I am just too busy or lazy to go back there and adjust it. So I play it till smells a bit or if it sounds like crap then turn it down.
Let's face it. I'm a 15 year electrician and tech/programmer. I've set it for a clean signal and it's just as flawed as being smart enough to know your equipments limits.

you dont use a tone on mids and highs ever because they are all at 0 db which even if you have the volume down a lot, its already past clipping. When I said by ear, I've always said with music, never test tone. Take test tones out from the equation completely which was your mistake. You are listening to music, not test tones stop using them.
I'm not sure if it's because I play instruments but it's not hard imo to hear breakup or distortion.

What mids and highs you using? It's hard the keep up after 160 with the loading on the diaphrams. I got a killer deal on some hertz mpk 165.3 pros. With 500 pet side active. I'm just not into the PA drivers they don't have the strong 75hz output.. I'm porting the mids to see if I can get about more midbass.
crescendo un 6.5's in the kick with silk dome tweeters. Two exodus anarchy 7's per door, so four total and then a CDT silk dome tweeter on the windshield on each side. Taramps DS1200x4 for the mids, alpine class a/b 4x50 for the tweeters. 4x8 dsp for tuning and a headunit with AptX for high bitrate music

I can hear everything clearly with the substage maxed out

I have blown stuff up. The problem comes when crap like that happens and I go blame the tool that I used, or the person that told me this or that, the quality of the sub was off, etc. The truth is I built it, I hooked it up, and I fried it. For like a like half a year I killed my ears with 16khz over gaining my mids and highs like an idiot...it is different knowing what you are doing and doing it right or as close to correct as possible as opposed to just doing it right and forgetting about it.

Copy that. I wont use em anymore.

I was just following the guide from Crutchfield. I thought it would be a reliable source.
Crutchfield: setting gain with tones

crescendo un 6.5's in the kick with silk dome tweeters. Two exodus anarchy 7's per door, so four total and then a CDT silk dome tweeter on the windshield on each side. Taramps DS1200x4 for the mids, alpine class a/b 4x50 for the tweeters. 4x8 dsp for tuning and a headunit with AptX for high bitrate music

I can hear everything clearly with the substage maxed out
I don't recall what subs you ran

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.