Approve or Disapprove of Design

Participant count
  • Participant list

matt_martin87
10+ year member

OG
I've never designed a box QUITE like this where the port turns right before the exit. Does anyone foresee any problems with this layout? There will be 45s in the corners of port.

idea.jpg

I did a design similar to this for a member on here...let me see if I can find it.

SlideShow014.png

It actually did a 149.X at the headrest with four SA-10's and a Sundown 3000D...so it didn't do bad by any means(metered around 40hz with a 32hz tuning). The only turn was at the port opening though. He needed the port to fire up so this was the only way I could do it and fit the woofers as well.

This will be a daily box tuned at 24hz. The sub will fire up, the port to the side so it has some room to "breathe".

The port could face backwards in my hatch but I'm worried there won't be enough room for the air to escape. The port is 3in wide. How much space at the back of my car must I leave for the port to have enough room?

So why not just run it along the back side of the wall? And why so low? Tune to 30, give plenty of port area, side-load it and itll play 25hz just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.