Audioque HDC3 12" break in period?

Quick
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
I looked for threads but couldn't find anything on this. How long should I break in my audioque HDC3 12" sub? And what should I put the bass knob up to? Halfway should be enough to break it in but not break anything like the spiders? Thanks for all help.

All though AQ and many others suggest a "break in" period to ensure the woofer works correctly, it is just a myth to help them get around warranty issues.

In other words, just toss it in and get to playing. As long as you have a good enclosure and clean(unclipped) power you should be ok.

Set your gain/bass boost so that the amp isn't clipping, and you won't have to worry about breaking it in.
Clipping is like where your music gets cut off by bass or somethin like that? I saw a diagram from it buy I didnt really understand it tho. If someone can make it simpler for me to understand that'd be kool.

Oh and should I set my amps bass frequency at 34hz being that's what my box is tuned to? If you guys could give me some good spots to put the knobs that would be nice.

so all you people telling him not to worry ready to pay for a recone if something happens? Laminated spiders tear easy, There is zero problems that will arise from breaking your sub in for a day or 2.

so all you people telling him not to worry ready to pay for a recone if something happens? Laminated spiders tear easy, There is zero problems that will arise from breaking your sub in for a day or 2.
So where should I set it at if you think? And how long til I can pump it full with bass boost?

So where should I set it at if you think? And how long til I can pump it full with bass boost?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Quick

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Quick
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date