Audioque HDC3 12" break in period?

There is no need to post another thread. I said to do research. There is no way for us to suggest where/how to tune your amplifier with being there. Each setup is differnt and require different things. The "gain" is not a volume knob though and does not operate as one. The best advise anyone can give you is to use the search feature and do research.

As for breaking in any subwoofer...well there is a huge thread over it which details why it is a myth in regards to ensuring the subwoofer will perform correctly. While I was at AQ over customer service I tried to have them change their recommendation of doing that, but that is their loop whole for rejecting warranty repairs.

There is no need to post another thread. I said to do research. There is no way for us to suggest where/how to tune your amplifier with being there. Each setup is differnt and require different things. The "gain" is not a volume knob though and does not operate as one. The best advise anyone can give you is to use the search feature and do research.
As for breaking in any subwoofer...well there is a huge thread over it which details why it is a myth in regards to ensuring the subwoofer will perform correctly. While I was at AQ over customer service I tried to have them change their recommendation of doing that, but that is their loop whole for rejecting warranty repairs.
Alright. I there anything I need to know like if it does break how long should I tell them I did break it in, and can they actually tell if u did or not? I honestly would've gotten something else if I would have known audioque is a bunch of rips that doesn't wanna pay for their mistakes. That's just sorry.

I know you guys dont have my system and it's hard to help. I just REALLY am scared of clipping it. I feel like under 75% gain is doable but is that getting too much? I researched and not much really says. I don't have 250$ to replace, but I don't want that money wasted with a mediocre bump. I was hoping for a average kind of area I could get the best of both worlds.

I know you guys dont have my system and it's hard to help. I just REALLY am scared of clipping it. I feel like under 75% gain is doable but is that getting too much? I researched and not much really says. I don't have 250$ to replace, but I don't want that money wasted with a mediocre bump. I was hoping for a average kind of area I could get the best of both worlds.
set your gain with a dmm.

Alright. I there anything I need to know like if it does break how long should I tell them I did break it in, and can they actually tell if u did or not? I honestly would've gotten something else if I would have known audioque is a bunch of rips that doesn't wanna pay for their mistakes. That's just sorry.
There is no way for them to tell if attempted to break in the sub at all. 99% of all companies will not warrant subs that are abused which is what typically causes damage. If you wanted that kind of protection then you should have purchased product from a large chain athletes store that offers such a warranty.

Also, since you refuse to actually look/read on your own. Here is an ok place to start. http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/206371-general-amplifier-information-consolidated-list-amp-discussion-stickies-more.html There are other better places to learn, you just have to put some time into it.

Went to those links but didn't see anything. I clicked on the tutorial links and all it did was send me to a page with comments saying it was a nice write up.. Couldn't find the write up tho.

I have one question tho, people are saying stay away from bass boost due to clipping, so What about on my head unit? I set the pre out to my subs, and there is a subwoofer level I can change on my HU. On 0 it really doesn't move the speaker at all, when I put it up to the highest tho (+15) it hits like It should in my mind. But will that bring in clipping like the bass boost? Or is it a totally different type of thing?

Should my amp be getting very hot either? I thought it cut out earlier but may of been a beat that isn't very noticable with this sub. Amp was kinda hot tho when I felt it after about a 30 minute run.

You clearly didn't look hard enough if you didn't find anything on this subject //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Funny he chose that name for himself, don't u think?

lol, "quick" he is not!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Quick

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Quick
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date