B Quiet Extreme or Dynamat Extreme?

How effective is Mass Loaded Vinyl as a noise eliminator?
You cannot eliminate noise, esp in a car.

1 lb/sqft of anything is good for about 25 STC. Blocking noise is frequency-dependent. That means, there's no such thing as a broad-band blocker of noise. Long waves easily refract (bend) around stuff...MLV included.

Also, CLD mat performance is temp dependent. DX is good for about .4 DLF at room temp. As you go higher or lower it's damp-ablility drops FAST. Roofing materials like B-Quiet are not dampers, they are roofing materials. Don't put them in your car unless you car is on your roof. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Search the tech terms listed if you're unaware of what they mean. I aint gonna spoon feed ya. Independent research is ohh so fulfilling to those that want to learn.

I used B-quiet ultimate in my car. I'd use it again. B-quite Extreme though is an asphalt based product. I've used an asphalt based product once before and would not use it again. It fell off over time.

I ordered two packs of Dynamat Xtreme (72 sq.ft. total).

I'll pick up some Luxury Liner from a local dealer to put over the wheel wells as I seems to get a lot of noise from the rear. Road noise gets annoying especially in a convertible.

Might get an Eclipse deck as Eclipse seems to be leaving the US...I think a deal could be had. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Tha interior is out of the car at the moment so laying the DX should be fairly straightforward.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.