benching amps...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not unless you have a power supply that delivers at least 20 amps...Can also be done with a battery and a trickle charger. Make sure it is fused....Have a set of speakers mounted on a bench for the purpose and a head unit with an antenna....I sell quite a few amps on Ebay and you always get better bidding with a fully tested unit.

how is this done? can i do it myself?
Depends on what you are "bench testing". If you are "benching" it just to verify that it works, then you can do as described above.

If you are benching it to determine the amplifier's actual output, then no, you generally can't do it yourself as it would require components that most people don't have access to such as an oscilloscope, large 12V power supply (much larger than 20A....100A+ depending on what size amplifiers you are benching), large dummy load, etc etc. Best to just find a local shop that already has all of the necessary components to do it for you.

Depends on what you are "bench testing". If you are "benching" it just to verify that it works, then you can do as described above.
If you are benching it to determine the amplifier's actual output, then no, you generally can't do it yourself as it would require components that most people don't have access to such as an oscilloscope, large 12V power supply (much larger than 20A....100A+ depending on what size amplifiers you are benching), large dummy load, etc etc. Best to just find a local shop that already has all of the necessary components to do it for you.
could you, the above poster, or someone else check this out? would be much appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129304

yea... i figured that squeak. just wanted to see. and yea, i wanted to test output. guess i do need to look into shops around here. thanks bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.