best place for paint job

if u take it to macco ask to see the guys that will be working on ur car (should only be 3) and tell them u will give them 100 each to do an amasing job on it , so 400 pluss 300 = 700

I only sprayed waterborn once and I did not like the finish too much orange peal,,I guess its like everything else just have to get used to spraying it.I spray PPG The only way to make mone in the body shop business is Paint motorcycles,custom work or The big money is in Insurance work.

haha you think they will actually even think i am for real and do a good job

i see maaco has diffferent paint jobs so if insurance cuts me a check how good of a paint job can i get with 1k bucks for a whole repaint

if u take it to macco ask to see the guys that will be working on ur car (should only be 3) and tell them u will give them 100 each to do an amasing job on it , so 400 pluss 300 = 700
Good point,also take as much off the truck as you can,,mirrors,bumpers,lights,door handles and so on an so forth. they usually tape them off..also you might wash the truck and use a good grease and wax remover and go over the truck get all the tar and road derbies off check the rockers good..Wash the truck after you take all the stuff off......

well, why would i need to make sure its painted really good and take everything off the truck, the frontside of the mirrors are painted so that would be painted as well right, and if i am getting a whole repaint of the truck no point in removing every part of dirt since they should be sanding it down and getting it down to the metal correct or am i lost on how painting cars go

I think starting 09 prices are going to skyrocket, something about some new law in which they got to use some different type of paint which cost a shitload, that's what my neighbor told me.

yea i heard the same thing i am just not sure if i want to say screw it and not worry bout it since i plan to sell this truck within less than a year, and get something newer this is a 01 f150 king ranch only got 85k on it which isnt bad for the year, and i already changed the plugs and coils on this truck so no tune up at 100k but other repairs are possible. plus i wanna get a explorer or expdition or maybe even a tahoe or nava for more room for people and a system hahah

They dont do a thorough job of cleaning. and if they tape off the lights and handles there's a chance of the paint pealing,,,and the reason to wash it is when you paint you stir up the dirt in the wheel wells and under the rockers....they usually sand the scratches and scuffs the rest of it..

ok well not sure if i just want to get the two panels done by ford and have ford buff the rest for a extra couple hundred bucks or spend 1k bucks on a whole paint job and get what i can get for 1k bucks

insurance is gonna cut me a check for 850 and the rest i have to pay for so not sure what i should do

i deff do want a clear coat put on mine so the paint looks much better, and it has a few dents one on the door where some jackazz oepned his door and put a small seam in my door vertically only about 4 inches and then anothe spot where someone hit it with a buggy but only put about a 2inch dent in it and another spot where someone punched it by the back window on the cab part so it put a small dent in that, they arent noticeable unless u really look for them and stand a certain way

i actually got hit at school and the little ****s didn't leave a note or anything so i had to pay out of pocket.. all it was was a big scrape along the bumper.. clear coat and regular peeled up nothing more.. maaco actually did a decent job.. they matched it clear coated it for 200 and change.. looks like it just came off the line..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.