Bigrick31's 00 CVPI build

Good deal, glad to see it rollin! BTW thats the trans pan //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

We also talked about body dropping the car sort of. The car is about 1/2" from laying rocker if we take theoretically impala drop spindals and adapt them to my car then raise my motor 1" (its already been raised 1/2") and then we cut the frame in 4 corners of the car where it comes down lower than the rest of the frame and plate it level with the rest of the frame. The car will be laying rocker. If we do that chances are im just going to build a 4.6 motor for the car. There really wont be that much room under the hood for a bigger motor plus with a body drop the motor will be just about hitting the hood. I also dont want to buy a motor just to find out that with all the modifications we've done to the car the motor wont work/fit

Dang, car is looking really good. Nice to see it all up and rolling around. Hopefully it will give you many trouble free miles and not end in the same sad fate as the truck.

Nice man. More motor ideas. Find a 32v Intech out of a wrecked Mark VIII or other Lincoln. Build it up out of the car with forged internals and do some head work and cams. Throw on a Vortech or Procharger to keep your hood clearance. Or just keep it N/A (sort of like a Marauder then) and still make like 350 to the wheels. Spacers should fix your wheel problems. Put some in the rear too to keep everything flush if they still tuck...

Nice man. More motor ideas. Find a 32v Intech out of a wrecked Mark VIII or other Lincoln. Build it up out of the car with forged internals and do some head work and cams. Throw on a Vortech or Procharger to keep your hood clearance. Or just keep it N/A (sort of like a Marauder then) and still make like 350 to the wheels. Spacers should fix your wheel problems. Put some in the rear too to keep everything flush if they still tuck...
DOHC swap isnt as easy as you might think

It would be easier to put in the 5.4 2v fyi //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Any vids so we can hear the exhaust/see the bags in action??
I was going to do some today Got myself a little flip mino a while back. But the car broke down yesterday on my way home. On a chevy your upper ball joint has threads on it that bolt to the top of your spindel but ford thought it would be a good idea to make your spindel clamp onto the ball joint similar to how your battery terminal clamps onto the battery post. You ever wiggle and pull your battery terminal off of the post though? same thing can happen to the ball joint.

I was driving home and started taking a turn on the highway when my ball joint separates from the spindel allowing my upper control arm to dive right into my tire sending my cars swerving hard into the direction i was turning. luckily i didnt hit anyone it was 1:30 in the morning so there wernt too many people on the road but i limped my car off the highway and parked it. Im waiting for my girl to get home so we can go buy a new ball joint and replace the now dead one. Needless to say It is my mission to adapt an impala spindel to my car so this never happens again.

I was going to do some today Got myself a little flip mino a while back. But the car broke down yesterday on my way home. On a chevy your upper ball joint has threads on it that bolt to the top of your spindel but ford thought it would be a good idea to make your spindel clamp onto the ball joint similar to how your battery terminal clamps onto the battery post. You ever wiggle and pull your battery terminal off of the post though? same thing can happen to the ball joint. I was driving home and started taking a turn on the highway when my ball joint separates from the spindel allowing my upper control arm to dive right into my tire sending my cars swerving hard into the direction i was turning. luckily i didnt hit anyone it was 1:30 in the morning so there wernt too many people on the road but i limped my car off the highway and parked it. Im waiting for my girl to get home so we can go buy a new ball joint and replace the now dead one. Needless to say It is my mission to adapt an impala spindel to my car so this never happens again.
shizer, that's especially retarded, even for Ford

Bought some wheel spacers for the front of the car. My turning radius ****** so we figured if we spaced the wheels out an inch and a half i should get most of my turning back.

IMG_0348.jpg

Before spacers

IMG_0346.jpg

After spacers

IMG_0347.jpg

I just about have my stock turning radius back right before my steering maxs out my tire hits the shocks. But thats ok because thats when the power steering pump starts to hiss anyways which isnt good for the car so this will keep me from turning too much.

hollow points, nice.
yup the bottoms read Winchester sbw 40 im glad they didnt go off with all the welding that was done to the car. That would have ****** to get a call from my buddy "hey i cant finish your car because your car shot me."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.