blowing amp fuse with 2 subs no blow with 1

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jhickerson

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2 channel amp an old bazooka... the terminals are ++-- ..... if i hook up my 12 it works great... if i hook up the 2 10s it blows a fuse... ive tried landing the neg wired on both terminals and pos.... as well as together... cant figure it out

Amp model?
Sub brand/models?

Guessing - one sub presents an impedance the amp is happy with. Two subs - wired who knows how - is presenting an impedance the amp is not happy with. Without more specific info there's not much else to say.

N2 is correct, most likely a low impedance. If you ran the 2 10's in series you'd likely be fine on the fuse. Bazooka amps aren't well known for their quality and the lower quality the worse their tolerance for low impedance wiring. Disclaimer though, If you're not sure what the values on the impedance or what model each of these things are I'm going to give a firm recommendation that you research it at least a little bit, car audio is fun and if you don't care about the equipment it's no big deal to experiment, but you at least have to know enough to match fuse ratings, wire gauges, and grounding solutions to the power the amplifier is taking because electrical fires are serious business.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.