Bluetooth and sterio mute

Participant count
  • Participant list

Biker
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tracy, CA
I would like to remove and sell my Motorola Bluetooth car kit and use my Magellian navigation 4040 system for all my bluetooth calls. The only problem I see is that the Motorola car kit mutes my stereo when a call comes in and I dont think the navigation system does. I play my system so loud I would miss calls.

Any ideas. Ideally I would like a cheap device that simply detects bluetooth phone calls and closes the contact to mute the stereo and do nothing else but cant seem to find such a device.

Thanks in Advance if anyone has any ideas.

Biker

Check to see if your aftermarket HU has a mute wire

then check to see if your magellen has output for a stereo mute circuit when bluetooth is enabled and use it to mute the HU

problem solved.

If you would just read the question in the first post then maybe you would realize that your answer makes no sense.

Biker

My first question clearly states that my Motorola IF1000 Bluetooth adapter mutes my HU. The second part said that my new navigation system has full bluetooth phone support but does not have a function to mute my HU.

I would like to sell the Motorola IF1000, Its worth over $125.00 and use my navigation system for my blue tooth phone calls BUT since the Navigation system does not support stereo mute I will miss calls because I play my music very loud.

My simple question is ...... Is there some very inexpensive unit or device that will do one simple thing. detect an incomming bluetooth call and mute my HU? The HU I have mutes the music and displays CALL by taking one of the leads to ground.

I hope this is clear enough. I dont know how to make it any easier to understand.

And the GUY with 6000+ posts asks if my HU supports Mute?

I understand this question is not for the average guy that takes his car to some audio shop but would hope there are a least a few that understand how this stuff works.

Biker

I would like to remove and sell my Motorola Bluetooth car kit and use my Magellian navigation 4040 system for all my bluetooth calls. The only problem I see is that the Motorola car kit mutes my stereo when a call comes in and I dont think the navigation system does. I play my system so loud I would miss calls.
Any ideas. Ideally I would like a cheap device that simply detects bluetooth phone calls and closes the contact to mute the stereo and do nothing else but cant seem to find such a device.

Thanks in Advance if anyone has any ideas.

Biker
find out for sure and get back to me

as the reason for my first response there fella was to possibly save you a little bit of money since you obviously were not sure whether or not you had a mute function.

as for that there really are no products out that are simply for muting the stereo. They make full bluetooth kits that have mute functions but using them simply as such would be a good waste of funds

My first question clearly states that my Motorola IF1000 Bluetooth adapter mutes my HU. The second part said that my new navigation system has full bluetooth phone support but does not have a function to mute my HU.
I would like to sell the Motorola IF1000, Its worth over $125.00 and use my navigation system for my blue tooth phone calls BUT since the Navigation system does not support stereo mute I will miss calls because I play my music very loud.

My simple question is ...... Is there some very inexpensive unit or device that will do one simple thing. detect an incomming bluetooth call and mute my HU? The HU I have mutes the music and displays CALL by taking one of the leads to ground.

I hope this is clear enough. I dont know how to make it any easier to understand.

And the GUY with 6000+ posts asks if my HU supports Mute?

I understand this question is not for the average guy that takes his car to some audio shop but would hope there are a least a few that understand how this stuff works.

Biker
hmmmm.......

question or a statement, make up your mind

and his answer made perfect sense. I don't see what the problem is here

Will after all this I finally get " No there is no device to simply do that" Your only choice is with the full blown car kit"

Thanks you so much for the answer I was looking for. Sorry for all the trouble.

Biker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.