Re (Ohms): 6.40

Le (mH): 6.94

Qms: 5.60

Qes: 0.57

Qts: 0.52

Vas (Liters): 57.7

Sd (cm2): 570

Xmax (mm): 15.9

Woofer Displacement (in): 0.194 cu.ft. (5.5 Liters)

Cutout Diameter (in): 11.25 in. (285 mm)

Mounting Depth (in): 6.66 in. (169.3 mm)

I really would like a ported box, but everything I read says these are probably best in a sealed box. What would you guys think?

If they are best in a sealed box, then I'll just put together a real simple and airtight rectangle box, no big deal. But if they would be worth a good shot in a ported box then I would like someone to design me one (I'll pay of course) OR help teach me a step by step on how to do it. Keep in mind though, I am using these in a truck, so they will be firing upwards towards the ceiling. I am coming from a 4th Order Bandpass and want something low and loud.

If someone were to design one for me, I mainly listen to Dubstep, followed by Rap and then from there I'm not usually playing it real loud so it does not matter. I would also like to keep it at around 30" wide. I'll get an exact measurement on size in a bit.

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry for the lack of a good title! I meant to go back and change it, but I forgot!

Missing the BL in those Ts numbers. I did 3 of these ported for a guy in a suburban a few years back. 32hz was the tuning I used, forgot box volume, but they were loud. I thought they were a tad sloppy though. Might have been a little too much volume. I remember looking at passive radiators for those. Never convinced the guy to try it.

If you would be willing to design a ported box (Upwards firing) it would be appreciated and be willing to pay. Unless you think it would sound just as well in a sealed box?

They can do well in a ported enclosure but only in a huge amount of volume. And frankly, I wouldn't bother with that large a box for 12s with just under the xmax of an SA-8.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.