Bridge front speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

butterMilk
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BC
Currently I am running a JL XD 400/4 with Imagine I61-2V2 6.5 up front and stock speakers in the rear doors. Im thinking I want to just run the Imagines up front, but bridge the amp to the front.

To do this can I... use RCA y splitters , and send the left signal to the front channel, and the right signal to the rear channel. So I could bridge each speaker.

Amp specs.

75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)

200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable bridged)

Would I still get proper stereo sound doing this? Am I going about this the right way?

If you read the amplifier manual it should say where you need to connect the rca cables and NOT need a y connector when you run the amp bridged.

Usually if you bridge a 4 channel amp you send the signal into channels 1 and 3. (Not into 2 and 4.)

If you read the amplifier manual it should say where you need to connect the rca cables and NOT need a y connector when you run the amp bridged.Usually if you bridge a 4 channel amp you send the signal into channels 1 and 3. (Not into 2 and 4.)
Im using a aftermarket HU, AVH p8400bh

I wanted to use 4 channels so I thought I would have to use "y" splitters (bridge the front 2(L/R)', to one speaker, and same with the rear)

The owners manual was a good idea lol, it told me to use "y" adapters.

Im using a aftermarket HU, AVH p8400bh
I wanted to use 4 channels so I thought I would have to use "y" splitters (bridge the front 2(L/R)', to one speaker, and same with the rear)

The owners manual was a good idea lol, it told me to use "y" adapters.
If that's what it says //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif then Y it up.

Could only find monster cable splitters, though I didnt look very hard. 25$ each fml. But they have 24k gold connecters, so its worth it right lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.