cant decide how much power for 9515g dd

BigSix
10+ year member

Whippin the Bass
Austin,Tx
I will be picking up my 9515g dd sub in a couple of weeks from now and plan on build the box to DD's specs 5 cubes at 37 hz...going in a jeep wrangler...also upgrading the stock alternator from a 90 amp to a 180 amp, and will be doing the big three and will have two yellow tops batts. Amp wise i have been looking at sundown 1500 vs the sundown 3000. I love bass just as much as the next bassfreak on here and dd tells me that to see her true colors keep it above 2k watts.....is the sundown 1500 enough power with the enclosure or should I be looking at 2k amp and above...this is for a daily driver btw

thanks for looking and appreciates all replies

BigSix

in the future i plan on getting another 9515g.....so i guess it would be in my best interest to get a 3000......can the sundown3000 be played at .5ohm???

in the future i plan on getting another 9515g.....so i guess it would be in my best interest to get a 3000......can the sundown3000 be played at .5ohm???
if you're not an idiot.. and have the electrical system to back it up. lots of amperage there.

if you're not an idiot.. and have the electrical system to back it up. lots of amperage there.

Well im upgrading the alternator......doing the big three and will have two batteries..... have one yellow top...might get another one or buy two kinetiks.....not sure yet havnt really don the research and have a couple of runs of 1/0 wire.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.