Can't figure out the source of my problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beastums
10+ year member

So for a while whenever i turn the volume up too much for too long i would hit a point where my speakers would crackle for a split second and suddenly stop playing, at first i dismissed itas an electrical issue since i was running stock with the big 3(and i just kept the volume below that point) but now ive added an extra battery in the trunk and its stopped my other annoyances like dimming lights but the speaker problem still happens.

i dont think its the amp because the amp isnt hot at all, its a hifonics zrx1000.4 and the lights on top remain completely unaffected when it happens, and everything just goes back to normal after i restart the car. another note, this only happens to the speakers, the subs keep playing like normal and dont cut at all

what i do think it may be is the crossovers but i havent had the time to bypass them to see if it still happens, is it possible that the crossovers could do something like this?

but that would kill all 4 component sets at the same time? and its not at the exact volume, nor the exact same part of a song that it happens, its just after a few minutes . i have my gains set differently for my front doors and my back doors as well but they all go out together.

Just to close this thread up, i found the problem. i had the ampwas mounted on the subs box thinking i would be one of the lucky ones. i wasnt, the amp was cutting off after it started shaking too much, after i took the amp off the box it played loud and constant with no problems. i did get lucky and the amp wasnt permanently damaged. so now i just have to figure out what im going to do about an amp rack

Just to close this thread up, i found the problem. i had the ampwas mounted on the subs box thinking i would be one of the lucky ones. i wasnt, the amp was cutting off after it started shaking too much, after i took the amp off the box it played loud and constant with no problems. i did get lucky and the amp wasnt permanently damaged. so now i just have to figure out what im going to do about an amp rack
Good to know. What type of power are you running to your sub(s)? I may have to rethink my amps' locations.

That's the reason I have never mounted my amps to the actual box. I just didn't want to take a chance of damaging my amps. I know many people have done it with no issues, but to me it just wasn't worth it.

i have my 2 obsidian audio 12s on a hifonics BRZ1700. i should update my picture but that is the box i use, i just mounted the two amps on the front face of the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.