Carputer 101

Anybody do anything exciting with their CarPCs recently?

After I get my new sub in and wired up I'm going to redesign my PC's case out of fiberglass in the corner of my trunk behind the tail light.

Also I'm going to swap sound cards and use the kX Project drivers to have an active crossover system and equalization straight from the PC, no external equipment needed.

i'm completely rehauling my system. I'm putting in an old 1.2ghz laptop with a carnetix p1900 regulator to power it/auto on and off. for sound I'm going to use a silverstone eb01 usb DAC. I'm doing this mainly because I already have the laptop and am selling my system to a friend, and my car suspension is really tough and sometimes causes reboots. The laptop is also smaller and has tv out (i can't fit a pci video card and have my system fit in the glove box anymore).

same here. its just chillen here in my room. waiting to buy the xenarc. money has been tight since school registration :sigh:

i think i am going to buy that same model volume knob that nova has...the griffin.

computer in the car up and running like always.

New music added on a weekly basis. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

computer in the car up and running like always. New music added on a weekly basis. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
i miss my carputer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I got a job about 3 weeks ago as a computer programmer. I'm making a ton more money than I was before working at a grocery store.

After I get student loans paid off and a bit of money saved up I plan on buying a new car and completely gutting it and building the entire thing up with a full new audio system and of course a CarPC. Hopefully this can happen within the next 6 months with the money I'm making.

As for my current car I'll just be fixing up what is done, finishing what needs to be done, and changing some things up that I already started. I should have some progress in the next few weeks.

P.S. I know Java/JSP, ASP, PHP, AJAX, and of course all the standard HTML/Javascript/CSS type stuff necessary for the higher level languages. If you need a website talk to me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...