CDT Audio 6.5 Component set

Participant count
  • Participant list

DeruDog

UK
I am looking through the list of "best brands" for car audio in search of some components. So far, much of what I have found is at the high end of my price range, but CDT 6.5 components seem really inexpensive for a "best" brand. Are they still high quality products that will produce more precise sound than, say, an infinity Kappa?

I put 6.5 cdt components in my truck back in 03 and still get compliments how good they sound. Recently put another brand of components up front in my car and have since replaced them with cdt 6x9 components, I enjoy the sound they produce, I am running infinity for rear fill and the cdt are more precise an clear to my ear an liking.

sent from death star

Any speaker you use will sound only as good as their designed to. If the doors are treated properly The Cdt sets are nice I'd go with the hd or Es sets only tho

Thanks for the inputs! I am still trying to figure out what to use for components. Most of the higher end stuff seems to be designed for 120 to 200 Watts which is frankly higher than I need. And it pushes up the amp price as well. Trying to figure out a good solution for a 75 Watt per channel system plus a subwoofer (300W?)

The MX-261s say 180W. What power amp are you running? I understand that underpowering speakers is harmful for the speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.