dc audio level 4xls

Well talked to rusty today and that should be fine. I just ordered a 15 lvl 4 XL today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

dang thats alot, if it can do 3k, would the 1.5k im planning to throw on it even make it hit like it should?
Not really sure...you could build a bigger box to compensate for the lack of power....I ran one in a fart box(that i built the morning of the comp...stupid idea) and it laughed at 3krms...lol....

Straight from DC's website....

"Level 4 XL

This sub was developed out of demand.

We were getting a lot of requests for something bigger than the LV4 but doesn't kill the gas mileage like the LV5 80+ lbs subs. We were moving a lot of hybrid subs that used LV4 motors with LV5 coils but we knew we could do better than that.

So we thought, everyone likes the LV5, It’s a fantastic sub... Lets use it as the platform for an in-between sub. We played around with a smaller version of the LV5 - That’s exactly what the XL is... It uses all of the same soft parts of the LV5 with a smaller version of the same motor. Just small enough to squeeze through the cut-out hole for a 10" driver. What was the end result? A great sounding high powered daily driver sub that can be used in or out of the competitive lanes. The XL has devastating lows and reliability. It quickly became our best selling sub!

Key Features

• Extremely rigid non-pressed paper cone assembly

• Multilayered polymer foam surround

• Polypropylene dust cover with embossed DC logo

• 8”OD semi cup progressive roll spiders

• Extra heavy duty interweaved tinsel lead wire

• Cast aluminum black frame

• FEA analyzed and optimized motor assembly – Fully CNC machined

• Rubber mounting gasket

• Chrome spring loaded push terminals

• Dual 1ohm , 1.4 or 2 ohm 3” 8 Layer Hi-temp Aluminum voice coil wound on black anodized voice coil former"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.