• Thread starter sjestus
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
S

sjestus

I'm wondering if Digital Designs makes high quality subs. I'm looking at the Digital Designs 9917 and that looks pretty cool. Does anyone know how much it costs? I'm also wondering if it (9917) is better than Cerwin Vega's 18' Strokers.

Thanks

In my opinion the DD subs are a better buy, but with either the DD or the strokers you are sacrificing alot of sound quality.

If you want a sub that has alot of clean stroke(Xmax) take a look at the Audio Mobile MASS 12's, its a clean sub with 600 watts rms power handling and 20mm of one way excursion( the infinity perfect 12 has 14.5mm, JL audio 12w6 has 12.5mm and the kicker L7 has 12.5mm, for example)

I like subs with alot of excursion and my personal favorites are the eclipse 8700 and 8800's, crystal cmp and the audio mobile mass 12, all these subs have a minimum of 18mm of Xmax and lightning fast response to make up for their huge cone travel. The end result is, you get a sub that goes really, really loud and sounds good doing it too.

Its all fun and games untill someone breaks an eardrum-stones

Wow the 9900 series. They are some big time $$$. Digital designs as well as Cerwin Vega make high quality subs. IMHO in your given comparison the DD's would win out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.