DLS a6 Fan install

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys, new user, first post. So my deal is that i have a couple old school DLS A6 amplifiers that i got through my uncle from his pawn shop and they are in near perfect condition. Anyways i noticed when running them at 1 ohm they get pretty hot and they both have an internal fan so one side of the amp tends to stay a little cooler than the other but i want to run a couple fans to blow some air over the fins. This is what i know: the amps have a built in "fan out" terminal where the second power in/ground in is. I know that the max amperage draw it can handle is .5 amps. I know that the amp will turn the fans on if it gets too hot and the temperature dictates the speed. What i dont know is how to wire the fans. Obviously they have two wires, power and ground. So im not sure if the power wire goes to the one fan out terminal and i ground the other wire to the car or add it to the amp ground i already have. I found an old thread regarding an a6 fan install but there were no clear instructions for wiring. Thanks in advance for any help!

Never mind, I figured out that the positive lead goes into the fan out terminal and just ground the other lead. However, this output only supports up to .5 amps so I'm thinking I should go with a spdt relay that way once I install my other amp I can always add on more fans and possibly leds without worrying about excessive amperage. Everything should be below 5 amps anyway

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.