Do you think I will need bigger alt REPS!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fantazmic
10+ year member

Ok here is my question, going to buy a Hifonics 2610 in a hour or two, and wanna know if I can run this with a Kinetik 1400 on my stock civic alt of 70 amp

I had a Load boss alt of 170 amp when I had my 2 15's and Aq2200d, it didn't last but 8 months.

So do you think I will be fine with a 70 amp alt Kinetik 1400 and a Hifonics 2610, or should I just get a 1610 if I dont wanna install a bigger alt again?

Can you run it like that? yes

Should you run it like that? Definitely not.

1) your alternator isnt sufficient for that much power

2) you dont even have a big enough battery bank for that amplifier

3) you wont see anywhere near that amps power, and you have a high chance of cooking it.

even with a 1610, kinetik 1400, and a 70 amp alternator, you are going to see some serious voltage drops at idle.

Just be conservative with your gains and see how it treats you. Turn it up until you start dropping to around 12volts (you WILL drop that low //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ). any more demand beyond that and you risk damaging equipment.

**** that's not what I wanted to hear...

well I still got this 170 load boss alt, should I try see what it takes to get it working again?

And yeah I might just do a 1610 and Kinetik 1400 and go from there

70 amp alternator? Good lawd that's tiny for stock. If your looking for a good cheap alternator, try DB electric, paid 230 shipped for a 200a alternator at 2.5K on my old car. Last for almost two years until I sold the car with it...

70 amp alternator? Good lawd that's tiny for stock. If your looking for a good cheap alternator, try DB electric, paid 230 shipped for a 200a alternator at 2.5K on my old car. Last for almost two years until I sold the car with it...
Yeah DB electric is what I wanted two years ago, back then they didn't make civic alts and they still don't!!!! /rage

Just gonna get a Hifonics 1610 and Kinetik 1400 and go from there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.