Dual Voice coils

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thanks for Clarifying that man. ✌️My response was a bit short
Thank yall both for the help. I never really fooled with the dual voice coil speakers before and just wanted to make sure that its actually 2 separate coils and I wasnt missing anything. I will tell him that this speaker is done. I can repair electronics but like I said I haven't messed with dual coil subs before. Again, thanks for the responses

Thank yall both for the help. I never really fooled with the dual voice coil speakers before and just wanted to make sure that its actually 2 separate coils and I wasnt missing anything. I will tell him that this speaker is done. I can repair electronics but like I said I haven't messed with dual coil subs before. Again, thanks for the responses
Ive burnt one coil before and ran the other as a SVC @ 1/2 the RMS value and it still works fine today on that one coil after 13 years. I had to have some bass . LOL.

Ive burnt one coil before and ran the other as a SVC @ 1/2 the RMS value and it still works fine today on that one coil after 13 years. I had to have some bass . LOL.
LOL, Yeah I thought about running it with one coil but that will be up to him. I'm just going to tell him the speaker is done. I was trying to make sure he had everything hooked up correctly because I just repaired his amp and don't want him to blow it again.

Book Mark that Site. Ive been using it for years. Its got quite a bit of Excellent and very useful information. Not sure why its not a Sticky on this site as many times as Ive posted from it??

LOL, Yeah I thought about running it with one coil but that will be up to him. I'm just going to tell him the speaker is done. I was trying to make sure he had everything hooked up correctly because I just repaired his amp and don't want him to blow it again.
Deff be a disaster and quite a shame blowing a freshly repaired amplifier in a few min.LOL. Id be very upset for sure. id recommend the wiring diagram to him so its done correctly and no short cuts, to get that final Ohm value for the subs and amplifier. Wire as shown

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...