Eclipse 8053 goes as high as 76 volume mine will play up to 51-55 than sounds wack

rasta4life
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
My question is what my title says I have a eclipse 8053 when I play past 53 or more it starts to sound worse even though I can go as high as 76 should I lower my gains so I can go a little higher and what volume do you have to where it is loud but not to the point where it starts sounding bad.thanks

Just because it goes to 76 doesn't mean you're supposed to turn it up that high. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

What's your equipment? Chances are once you get to that point either the internal amp is starting to clip, or it's sending a clipped signal to the speakers.

Basically, once it sounds crappy, turn it down.

Amps can only put out a certain amount of power. Whether or not you set your gains to maximize that power at 30/76, 50/76, or 76/76 volume, adjusting your gains to where they don't clip until 76/76, won't make a difference.

What you need is an external amp to power your speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
The 8053 is a dead head, no internal amp.

What's your equipment? Chances are once you get to that point either the internal amp is starting to clip, or it's sending a clipped signal to the speakers.Basically, once it sounds crappy, turn it down.

Amps can only put out a certain amount of power. Whether or not you set your gains to maximize that power at 30/76, 50/76, or 76/76 volume, adjusting your gains to where they don't clip until 76/76, won't make a difference.
Actually, adjusting your gains to where they're as low as possible is hypothetically the best situation since it lowers the chance of noise getting into the system. I personally use the 8053, and have been for 3 years or so(8053, then 8443, and back to 8053), and that radio will not send a clipped/distorted signal. So his bad sound issue is either some sort of defect within the HU, or the gains are too high on the amp and he's clipping the signal there. With my amps, I have the gains turned all the way down and never need to turn it past 65-70 out of 80.

My question is what my title says I have a eclipse 8053 when I play past 53 or more it starts to sound worse even though I can go as high as 76 should I lower my gains so I can go a little higher and what volume do you have to where it is loud but not to the point where it starts sounding bad.thanks
It sounds like you either need more power or speakers that can handle the power that you have...or you just need something that can get louder because you're trying to reach a level that your speakers cannot get to and still sound good at the same time.

What specifically are you running?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.