Engine Noise

Participant count
  • Participant list
When you say engine noise I'm assuming it's an annoying whinning sound that gets more intense when you accelerate. This is a common problem called alternator whine. This can be a frustrating problem because often times you have to retrace all of your wiring. There are in line filters that you can buy to help reduce the sound or even eliminate it. The most common cause for this problem is a signal/low voltage cable crossing a power cable. Make sure that your RCA cables and speaker wires are as far away from your main power cables as possible. another possible cause could be a bad ground somewhere in your wiring. make sure all connections are good and that your wires aren't touching any bare metal where they shouldn't be. Often time this takes a lot of trial and error in the wiring to fix the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.