Explorer speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

David19
10+ year member

Epic Thread Poster
Pensacola FL
I have a ford explorer the back speakers are blown... what would you guys suggest be some good quality loud sounding speakers? i'm gettin some subs in the future and want the sound to be heard over the subs lol.. i'm a newbie at audio..

U plan on amping them or just HU power? What is the stock size speaker I assume 6x9 or 5x7's right? I would go with a good 6.5 coxial but I will wait for ur reply to say anymore.

Willing to use adapter plates to run 6.5's or just wanting to do a simple 6x8 swap? I mean hell even using a adapter plate might add 1 min to ur install time so either one is simple. I assume you have a aftermarket HU?? Also, if your going to just use HU to power the speakers it really dosent matter what you get as they will have no chance on keeping up with any sub stage. I mean even if you just went with a 10" in a sealed box with 200watts its still going to overpower the door speakers with only 12-20 watts just a thought.

i'm looking at infinity components and 6x8 for the back and power them with a amp but what would be the best amp to get for the speakers so they dont blow them lol?

im gonna be getting a pioneer double din HU just havnt decided which one yet

Where are the speakers located in the back? are they all the way behind the rear seats or are they just in the rear doors? Either way, I personally suggest just removing the rear speakers and getting a component set of 6.5"s for the front with an amp on them. I only have front speakers, I have only had front speakers since the day I first tried it. No one in the rear has ever complained about not being able to hear the music. A good front stage will be enough if you do a decent install and have some more power on them than the HU is putting out

^^ Good question I also do not run a rear stage as it would be pointless for my goals. I mean I guess it would provide alil more musical impression for the rear passengers but I could care less about them anyways. Once my sub kicks in you wouldn’t be able to hear them anyways. I would go with a quality front stage with some good power to push them and call it a day. As far as what comp set to run well there’s a million to pick from. I could not find a set that offered all I was looking for so I pieced one together using different brands. Next you would need to decide if you want to run active or passive. If going passive you could just get a 2 channel if active is what you looking to do then you would need a 4 channel. Not sure about what kind of sub stage your looking for but this amp might interest you it does rated+ and its quality. If you go passive you could use 2 channels to run your front stage and bridge the other 2 channels to run a sub which should give you around 500watts to work with @4ohm I do think this amp can be wired down to a 2ohm load but that I can not verify that. - Crescendo Audio :: Amplifers :: 1000C4 4 Channel Amplfier

Yeah they are in the rear doors... i might not put any new ones in i guess.. i just gotta take the old ones out cuz they're blown but is that a good name brand amp never heard of it before.. but the price isn't bad.. i'm thinking of running 2 12 kicker comp so that 500w will prob be enough..

Crescendo is quality. Just as good as AQ,SD, etc. It will not let you down plus the owner of the company is a pretty cool guy and I hear customer service is not to bad either. You dont have to take them out unless your going to replace them if your not going to replace them just disconnect the speaker wire from the rear of them and call it a day. If you do plan on running 2 kicks then this amp would be perfect for ya gives you 125x2 for ur front stage plus 500+ for ur subs. Instead of kicker I would run a sundown sa15 (since you have a suv) in a big ported box and give it the full 500+ I bet you would be much happier with the sundown then the 2 kickers..

Mike465 of AMI Creation. He has built all my boxes to date and in my opp is the best box builder on this site period. He offers DIY kits which are sweet I just did one for my PaP's. Everything is cut for you (45's double baffle, dowels if needed) and marked where screws need to be. Its so simple its crazy just spread the glue clamp it down and before u know it you have a box that looks great and sounds great. Of course he will build one for you and ship to but that cost more but nonetheless worth every cent..

Disturbed, thanks for all ur input tried to PM you but couldn't find the option to do so... i had a question you said go 6.5 over 6x8 whats the real reason for that.. and i was looking at infinity comps are they quality? what i really want in my comps is for them to be really loud but also sound good at the same time... and before i made this thread i was very undecided what i wanted with my amp/sub but with ur suggestions helped out alot def gonna get that amp and sa 15 should sound pretty good. with that kinda sub though would it overkill my battery and dim lights? ive noticed some get audio battery's or new alts would this be necessary?

my budget is around 800 bucks.. thats with comps,amp,sub,box,HU =/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.