Favorite speakers you have ever heard

Yea, I would love to hear the Axiom Audio, AV123 and Aperion speakers, they look good and for great prices. For a reasonably priced speaker I want to hear the Revel Concerta F12.

Yea, I would love to hear the Axiom Audio, AV123 and Aperion speakers, they look good and for great prices. For a reasonably priced speaker I want to hear the Revel Concerta F12.
come down to Detroit and I let you hear them haha....actually the only way I first heard any Axiom equipment was I broke down and ordered a pair of M3 bookshelves from them, so it was a big risk not hearing them before buying, but I'm so happy I did because they totally blew a pair of Paradigm reference monitors I had out of the water, not to mention they were like 1/4 the price.

lol i take it youve used a set before?
Just a little humor --- it's confusing because this is the home audio section of a car audio forum. But yes, I have used the CDT EF 61's. And for the money they are not bad at all. I actually think they are a good value.

Cain and Cain room, RMAF '07
They had those Fostex Sigma BLHs, right?

I think that was the year TC died, might have been the year before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

They had those Fostex Sigma BLHs, right?
I think that was the year TC died, might have been the year before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
They were Sigma's, don't remember what they were in though and don't think I have a photo of them.

I did have a very nice conversation with Clark Blumenstein about my BBBIB's that I built, mentioning those got me in and talking with them for awhile. Apparently building things like that isn't normal and fits in well with that crowd. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Next favorite besides horns was the B&W Signature Diamond series setup that I got to hear. Just badass.

in a home, some snell in-ceilings that we installed in a theater in a house in biloxi that was paired with a psb sub. the in-ceilings sounded like a pair of cabinets right in front of you, they had great left to right imaging, and were very flat on the RTA mic. the sub had just the right amount of low end for the room, was smooth as silk, and hit the lows nicely.

in our recording studio we have a pair of 6.5" reference monitors that are run at about 900 watts per channel and it probably the best sounding pair of speakers ive ever heard. they are perfectly flat on the RTA mic and have enough low end to sound like a pair of 10's are in there too. i guess being in an acoustically correct room helps too though lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.