First Sound system! HELP me out with the build :) ( b-day Present)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Happyjello

Hello //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif im new to this forum so just wanted to start off saying hi //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So for my birthday different people are chipping in and myself too so straight to the point:

I need :

Sub( I'm thinking 1 12in)

Amp

Head unit

And a box

(and anything else you recommend)

I have $500 to spend but a little over is okay:)

I have a 2006 scion Tc everything stock, like listin to hip hop/ rap (if that helps lol) i really am looking for sick bass but not crazy that it get uncomfortable

i really Like the kickers L7's but from what i hear you can get better for the price

So my guessing because its a hatch back i need one sub?!?

HU($110): http://www.caraudio.com/forums/head-unit-classifieds/556844-alpine-cda-9856-w-remote-ipod-cable.html

SUB+Box($200): http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/551274-fi-q-12-dual-2-ohm.html

AMP($160): Boss DST3000D (DST3000D) Monoblock Class D DISRUPT Series Car Amp

$470...

You'll need an amp install kit and RCA's...

Copper Clad Aluminum (get a 150 amp fuse)

Knukonceptz product detail for KRYSTAL KABLE 2 CHANNEL 6M TWISTED PAIR RCA CABLE

8-12 guage speaker wire to hook up the subs.

+Some butt connectors to instal the deck...

Anyways that is my late night special. How loud are you looking to go?

Also explain your needs/wants and people can help you more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you going to build your own box?

[quote name='West']Lastly, no matter what you get... Make sure you get a custom sub box. It will greatly improve the sound of your system.
@quackhead ; He will have some suggestions as well.[/QUOTE]

Quackhead does have a very good sense of what equipment will work best for a given application and budget. I concur with West's mention!

Are you going to build your own box?

Quackhead does have a very good sense of what equipment will work best for a given application and budget. I concur with West's mention!
I always like to have someone build me a box. lol I am lazy like that, but I am not sure if he is going to be able to squeeze a custom box into that price range... I selected that sub because it comes with a custom box. Its a good sub 2.

So what you're saying is, you have $600-700 to spend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hello //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif im new to this forum so just wanted to start off saying hi //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifSo for my birthday different people are chipping in and myself too so straight to the point:

I need :

Sub( I'm thinking 1 12in)

Amp

Head unit

And a box

(and anything else you recommend)

I have $500 to spend but a little over is okay:)

I have a 2006 scion Tc everything stock, like listin to hip hop/ rap (if that helps lol) i really am looking for sick bass but not crazy that it get uncomfortable

i really Like the kickers L7's but from what i hear you can get better for the price

So my guessing because its a hatch back i need one sub?!?
well, Happy birthday!

$500 is a tight budget for what you are asking for. You can get a HU, amp, subs, box, etc. for that, but you will likely be sacrificing what you have for a lot less in the long run( and probably end up costing you more). If you don't mind me asking, why are you needing a new HU? Which one do you have stock?..the Pioneer plain CD or the touch screen? There are many adapters available to allow interfaces like bluetooth, iPod, etc. to the factory HU.

I know you are wanting BASSSS..and I am sure down the road, you will start wanting better highs to match the bass, so start saving up and thinking about a good amp/components for that too. IMO, if you are wanting a far superior HU than factory, expect to pay @ $300+ for that alone....a good 2 or 4 ch amp and a good comp set..figure another @ $300+ and these figures are on the low side for decent equipment.

to the bass. You must realize it takes power to make power..for a factory electrical, I would not want to run over 800w - 1000w rms in many cases..and that is pushing it on the Scion, if you care to avoid annoying headlight dimming.

Here is a decent and reliable class D 1000w rms (750w rms at 2 ohms)amp for the $:

MB Quart ONX1.1000D - ONYX Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier/Amp

I would recommend using this and retaining the stock HU for now:(sounds expensive, but do not skimp here, it is vital with many factory systems these days)

AudioControl LC2i (lc2i) White 2 Channel Line Output Converter (LC2/i)

A real good sub that can get loud and sound good doing it:

WoofersEtc.com - SD-2 12D4 - Sundown Audio 12" Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer ..wired to the above amp at 2 ohms for 750w RMS.

this box seems expensive, but you get the right airspace for the SD12, decent port area, good tune, and good construction for the $:

MSW | Car Audio Stereo, Car Subwoofers, Car Amplifiers and Speakers

The only thing that will compare is a custom made from someone on here and check around, talk to the box builders here and compare what the final costs will be(+shipping).

amp kit, many people here swear by Cadence wiring:

WoofersEtc.com - AMPKIT4 - Cadence 4 Gauge Professional Amplifier Installation Kit CADAMP4

the above totals $560 shipped with full manufacturer warranties ( I selected equipment that will be purchased though Authorized Internet Dealers on amp and sub)using good equipment with SQL and reliability in mind without the added costs of major electrical upgrades..

the above is just my $.02...good luck and keep us posted on what you go with, heck, do a little build log and ask if you have any questions about anything.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this up i really appreciate it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif! he help me out a lot !

[quote name='Happyjello']Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this up i really appreciate it :)! he help me out a lot ![/QUOTE]

I would do exactly what @quackhead ; has suggested he is in the know.

Personally I like KNU for all my wiring needs and RCA cables, but I am paranoid about signal loss lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.