Planning a new sound system🤓

DEW123

CarAudio.com Newbie
This will be for a 2010 camaro 2lt. I haven’t bought or upgraded anything yet, would like to keep the stock head unit though. Thoughts on this for my sub-stage?

Attachments

• IMG_0381.png
    IMG_0381.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 11
The shape of the opening in the Camaro trunk may present a problem looks like the biggest box I could fit in there would be 14 inch wide 24 inch length 18 inches deep

Hold up dude!

Before you go spending the farm on a sub to fit, what's the plans for the rest of the system? Great big ol amp with a 2000 watt sub may just sound like a large fart machine going down the road, completely drowning out the rest of the system. Need to take a more comprehensive approach.
1. We got that you want to keep the factory HU, great.

Whats the factory system, infinity. bose. etc?

Amps, frt speakers, rear speakers, line out converts (if necessary)?

What's the goal, SPL balls to the walls loud over sound quality or loud and proud SQ/SQL?

Fortunately, there are many prefab options for that year Camaro, like these.

That said, need the end goal and most importantly, the build budget and end goal.

Last edited:
Sound quality is the goal here I’m old so I don’t need no pounding system , Just nice base feel with probably a couple 6 1/2 inch components in the doors using 75 to 100 watt amp for front stage . Cost is whatever it takes to do it right the first time. It does have the Boston acoustics HU

Id go with a single 10 such as this tuned to 33HTZ or if you can measure out to 31Htz be better imo. Maybe even look at a CT Sounds Strato 10 or an Alpine Type R even on 1500rms-2k

suggesting a 2,000 watt sub and saying "clarity and just wanting to feel some bass" dont go together, you need to do some homework

most "basic" setups when people are buying stuff, say 2 12's are roughly 500watts a piece, you're doubling that.

skar vvx 500watt each
JL w6v3 600watt each
Even a tier 3 DC audio sub is 1000w each

these are just basic 2 12" setups

once you get into the 2000w+ range you're riding a fine line of alternator upgrade. Just upgraded the BIG 3 wires + running 0g doesn't count, regardless of your 19 spare trunk batteries, because the alternator is constantly pushing and will eventually burn out

you should be able to do < "2000" with GOOD wiring and a GOOD battery without touching the alternator. That year Camaro runs a 150amp alternator I believe stock.

however, if you go 1800/2000 you will definitely want a good battery.... and something like a xs power will run you 400 if you want to do it right and get one to throw under the hood and not in the trunk like bozo's
might as well get one you can actually use as a daily, but than again it depends on wattage and if everything else is stock currently.

Last edited:
Glow Voltage Series 1, trunk is fine for providing a lot of extra on your stock system. I think they are out of stock though.

The series three is a beast of an output unit, not a lot of storage but very good at the rest.

Either are $499 and offer exceptional performance. Check them out on facebook!

Gotcha...total expert 🤭

I know more than most. I mean you're literally talking to a guy doing exactly what I said.... on another post, that is a bozo and you know what your question was?

"how big is your alternator?"
  1. bozo him for running two batteries instead of upgraded the alternator because the batteries will do nothing
  2. bozo on you for not catching it ( why I said what I said )
  3. 1 XS power battery or equivalent + mechman or equivalent solves the issue and is the PROPER configuration
If he got into 5,000k watts then he adds the secondary battery as well.

not his two runs of 4g wire + dual batteries

Last edited:
I know more than most. I mean you're literally talking to a guy doing exactly what I said on another post is a bozo and you know what your question was?

1. how big is your alternator for a 3,000 stets...
  2. bozo him for running two batteries instead of upgraded the alternator because the batteries will do nothing
  3. bozo on you for not catching it
  4. 1 XS power battery or equivalent + mechman or equivalent solves the issue

not his two runs of 4g wire + dual batteries
No I asked about alt because of the wire size he was between the batteries not because of "watts" or the number of batteries...but teach me yoda you're the expert 🤣🤣🤣

No I asked about alt because of the wire size he was between the batteries not because of "watts" or the number of batteries...but teach me yoda you're the expert 🤣🤣🤣

It doesnt matter if he runs 0g wire back and forth, the stress factor of true 3,000 isnt going to stop because of a yellow and/or red cap... these dont even have high AH - LOL

Reserve Capacity 25Amp Draw120

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...