Ford ranger extended cab semi-wall build

and why is it lulz at my attempt to make it sound good. In technical terms it would be far from "proper sq" but the way I like my music, this will be the closest to ideal as I can imagine.
Fair enough but im sure you can make it a lot better.

For starter PLEASE get a new box. Let Buck design you one. They really aren't hard to make and can be made for less than 60 bucks in supplies. You have to know someone with tools? If i remember right your current box is tuned to ~55? Its hardly a sub at this point. Bring that down into the 30's, 35 is always good for most people. Remember subs play low notes. Cross these over at the same as your front speakers.

Set your gains better too! Use the dmm method(google it/search for it). "gain set at around 6/10 and h/u at +3/6" Im not sure if that is bass boost or an actual control for the bass that is +3/6 but with 4 volt preouts you are most likely clipping your subs. The dmm method will give you your theoretical power output but should be good enough.

Im a little confuse of what all is running up front? What are your crossover points?

BTW good job on your electrical, you will have an electrical system better than most running 2k plus around here. Your install skillz are actually pretty good too.

put in the d31 yellow top. Pretty solid batt. All my batts are now at 14.25 when the truck is on. Should be interested to see how much it drops under a full 30 second test tone

add a box designed by buck to the list. Should be getting pretty low tuned right around 34hz off an aq 2200 at 1 ohm with the proper electrical(I'd imagine my electrical is somewhat strong for an aq2200, and two tiny speaker amps.)

will be building bucks box the weekend after this, and my gosh that alpine 3527S is sick. I have it hooked up just to te left side to test and have the gain set at nominal and I don't have any desire to push the amp any more. That amp has some great sq when cranked and I don't even want to know how good it'll sound with the v12 m500 on the 6.5 type r comps. ordered 24 feet of 2/0 ga along with monsters top line of rcas( a set of 2 channel for the sub amp and a set of 4 channels for my speakers. I will use rca splitters on the 4 channel so I get the same notes going to the left and right without having to set it to rear and whatnot. That will be for my alpine 3527S on the alpine v12 m500 Ill just have it ran straight but going to bridge it for the components to get 100x2 at 4 ohms. Ordered the kick panels as well. caraudioclassifieds is down and thats where I found the v12 so I'm just waiting to send payment for those. Everything is coming together so nicely. Thanks for all the inputs and to buck for the design.

So i sold my second pair of alpine 6.5 type s coax for 60 today lol little did he know id go down to 20. ha. Also I finished wiring my speakers/cleaned things up a bit. My alpine 3527s sits under my box rack and it sounds AWESOME. That is such a great amp with in a fairly small package. I'd love to find another and run those bridged to a pair of components.

So its finalized, I am getting alpine type s components and hopefull getting an alpine 3538 to match the old school alpine theme on the speaker amps. I was VERY impressed with this alpine amp. I liked it a whole lot better then the jl speaker amps along with tma(jl made) and newer rockfords so that swayed my decision of sticking with old school alpine.

okay so i had buck design me a box and I ended up messing up the length so I took it on my self to design a box. dimensions are 37x16.5x26 with 5.09198 cubes after displacement(assuming each sub is .25) and that is calculating the bracing volume ect. I will be using 3 4" flared aero ports to tune it to 33hz. I will begin building tommorow and also the front is going to be double baffled so I lose a total of 1.25in of leg room.

The ports will go on the top of the box in the back one on the left center and right hand side. That leaves me with exactly 9.25in. guess the width of the aq2200?! 9.27in I think I can make that work. I will have the box all painted up and looking good around monday. Pics will come once I am all done(assuming this isn't an epic fail)

box is 7.413 cubic feet after displacement braced with 4 2x4's and subs accounted for. 3 4" flared aeroports tuned to 33.1 Hz. everything is done except for the top piece because I am waiting for the ports to come. Its working out nicely for my first box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...