Ford ranger extended cab semi-wall build

built a battery rack for my yellow top d31 to sit on top of my deka. I tripple grouded my deka and used the machined posts as a d block for grounds and have two grounds to my seats that are grounded through to the chassis, two to a rear seat belt mount which also goes through to the chassis and two grounds up front to the chassis, and engine block. 4/6 of these grounds are in 2/0 and the rest in 1/0. I just ordered a us md3d and it should get pretty loud in my new box. I had a md1d previously and liked it hence why I bought the md3d.

Also decided on polk components and a kenwood head unit.

Polk Audio MM6501 - 6-1/2" Component Speakers System - Sonic Electronix

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X794 (kdcx794) CD/MP3 Car Stereo Receiver

Can I bridge the components which are 2.7 ohms into the alpine mrp220? or would that ohm load be unstable?

Three 3" ports for four 10's? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

What are the dimensions for the box?

edit: I see that they're 4" aeros...still a little small, but should work alright.

lol already almost done with my second box i only had like 36 sq in of port for 7+ cubes. I now have 91 sq in on a slot port design with 6.3 net cubes tuned to 31.6 hz. I also used 2x4's for bracing on my first box and now am using 3 1.25 in dowel rods for less turbulance. Box is turning out a lot better then the first just because I took my time more and lined up all the screws to prevent splitting. Another thing I did was for the sub cutouts I had it so when the grills are on the subs they all fit about 1/32nd of an inch apart so It looks a lot cleaner. Amp will be in this week, and the components, alt, and hu will be in in around a month or so.

one brace is going in the center, the other on the center of the 2nd length of port and the other to the right hand side. I just dont want this box to end up falling apart on me. I will paint this like I did the first box because I tried another brand of "stone" texture on my most recent fail and it didnt look near as nice as my other box aesthetically speaking. I cant wait to have teh dbz in my truck again. But my mids and highs have been SCREAMING since my most recent tuning. I just need a foth speaker amp for my stock speaker locations. Pry just end up doing a 2 channel to my infinitys in the door and leave my rockford 5x7's on hu power seeing as though they are so drowned out in the back with the box/batterys/wiring.

so after an hour with the cutouts using a hand file and sand paper I find out my dad had a dremel this whole time. Ended up taking me 10 minutes further with 2 subs to go and prefecting the other two. Front is double baffled and I braced it using 3 1.25in dowel rods on the second length of port, and bracing along the front.

Almost done with the paint just another coat of black and a clear coat. I also used a different brand of paint for my second box, but i liked the final texture of my first box so I went with that and this box is looking sweet. will have pics up tonight,

Lets see some good pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif maybe of everything put together as well.

ill do one better Vids. But i just have a 3.2 megpixel camera on my phone. I just need to get a digital but the terrible pics are just to show that i am making progress. I am building a buddy a free box for 2 12" w6's just to get some references out there. Thinking about tuning around 30-32 hz with 3 net cubes. He is the one i sold my 2006 md1d.

This dude will be running a MD3D soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
It's about time he put some real power to those L7's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I know lol everything thus far has felt like a teaser. 1000 watts in a weak box and 1000 watts on too small of port area. Now I have the box and amp its game time lol.

Last question can I run the polk's bridged even though they are 2.7ohms it says it can be ran off hu power so i am assuming bridged at 2.7 wont be too bad. The amp is an alpine mrp220. If not I will run my door coax's off of it and get another 2 channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...