Ford ranger extended cab semi-wall build

Did the big three minus the positive to alt because I am waiting for my new alternator before screwing around with that. Big three is done in 2/0=) and I grounded my battery a second time in 2/0 so i can use the tool maker posts a d blocks. Just will make less wires flying around considering how many 1/0 and 2/0 runs I have going around in the back. This weekend I am also going to make a battery rack for my d31 yellow top and 9a31 to sit on top of one another so that should clean up the build as well. Also I picked up an alpine mp220 2 channel due to needing to save space considering I already have two amps back there three batts a lot of runs of rcas, speaker wire, and power/grounds on top of a 8 cube box. It is 140x1 bridged that will push my kick panel type r's. Kick panels will be here tommorow or wednesday. Not bad for still being in high school and having to work for every penny going into this build. I just love working on my truck so I keep finding ways to elongate this build

I already built it, but took your advice with the double baffle and aero ports its 37x27.5x16.5 and after displacement is 7.45 cubes so the 3 4" ports will be cut to 9.6 inches tuned to 33.1 hz

I'll snap a few here in a second. It doesnt have the top peice on and because the ports aren't in til tommorow and the cut outs are crude but the subs fit right in with a nice tight fit.

no they aren't "crude" just the top right sub is like 1/8th of an inch off from the others.

sorry for bad picture quality but you get the idea when its all finished up I will get pics with a digital camera.

It will I have a good feeling. I took my time and double triple checked my math to figure exact displacement. precision ports also has a nifty tuning tool.

got the ports and top piece all put together the only problem throughout the whole box was deciding to switch from cordless screwdriver to a power drill. I ended up over torquing and it cracked the top front right hand corner. Since its double baffled it will still be sealed plenty fine. Just got to finish up the paint(ran out of stonecraft tonight) and another tube of silicone for the aero ports. The final tuning is 32.8Hz

kick panels came in today and look nice after only a coat of paint. Using a flat black because matching it to my all blue interior would be a pain and my center cup holders are black so it should blend together nicely. My girl said she is going to be picking me up a set of components so thats a big +

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...