"European Sound Like" Front Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Batdude

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone this is my very post here I just joined and I am not a car audio speaker expert. Recently purchased front speakers for my Toyota Sienna, everything is amplified with a subwoofer. Several months ago I purchased a new set of Hertz speakers. They sound pretty good. But, this is the funny thing, recently I also got a new job driving a company vehicle, a Mercedes Benz Metris Cargo van. The speakers sound so much nicer with much better highs and they sound more musical and more open. They sound much nicer than my new Hertz and I like them more. I am selling my Hertz because I'm only about 60% happy and I would like something that will make me 100% happy. I like high quality sound. For my home theater speakers I have a NAD receiver with Paradign speakers.

From the two local car audio shops I have been to, they both tell me that Focal is the best. But, is that only because that's all they carry, or are there other speakers that I don't know about or that shops don't carry that are just as good or better that sound really good?

Where or how or what model of speakers are out there that I can buy and install in my Toyota that will blow me away that won't cost me an arm and a leg? I am willing to pay a little more, but don't want to pay more than $500. I will really appreciate your input.

Thank you.

I have some 6.5Hertz Coax in my doors atm .. the older version on my CT Sounds CT150.4 along with a pair of Polk Audio MM 6.5 components, and its sounds great. the hertz are really clear and clean, but nothing compared to the component set of Polks MM series and power handling and Htz range. My doors are deadned with 2 layers of 80 mill and one layer on the inner liners. Speaker baffles are being used as well. deadening and sealing off as much of the doors as possible will help alot.

You may have 2 ohm existing speakers in that vehicle and placed 4 ohm of which the existing amplifier shouldnt have an issue to handle, but less out put. do you still have your existing speakers and is the system on an internal amplifier for the vehicle?

Even insulating the doors with MLV will help tremendously with getting rid of some road noise. Id shop around toi find a better price on some. you can always use peel and stick sound proofing deadner as well. do some searching for your budget. It can make a $100 speaker sound fantastic without it

Amazon product ASIN B07BLSP8JV

GP audio has sound deadner that Ive used thats really great, FatMat ive used the most of and works really well after 10 yrs, still in place and no peeling with the way I put it on myself.

FYI.. Ive never been 100% satisfied with any speaker,though I can be picky on that one. I have been very happy with my older CDT Ero Sport 6.5 components and HD series components with upstage tweeter sets. image dynamics Cx64 set I have are some really nice speakers. the newer versions can be found on Amazon for about $320 or so. Great set of components, Polk MM series some my favorites too, Infinity Kappa series and fiber cone components,.
Mercad. vehicles are prob one of the most well insulated vehicles on the todays market and have been for years. CDT Audio has some really great speakers for the 4 as well that Ive bought and use. I do not recommend the CL series though. I did not care for those though

Amazon product ASIN B071G8K9SK
Amazon product ASIN B08X64ZHP8
Amazon product ASIN B004XWBEEC

Others will chime in as well with recommendations. Deff nice to have a 3 way front stage with the supply of amperage and sealed/deadened doors

Hertz makes good speaks as does Focal. Often times how "open" a system will sound depends on the vehicle's interior. Big wide dash boards tend to sound more open, so I'm not surprised the Mercedes sounds better than the Sienna. If you have that big TV screen sitting in the middle of the dash, sound is going to reflect off that and can "cramp" the listening space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...