Giving keys to audio shop?

I recently got some stuff installed by a local car audio shop for an insurance claim and they asked for my keys which I gave them. Later I realized, since they have my address, I probably shouldn't have given them my entire set of keys but only the single car key. I've tried Googling many different phrases to see if this risky or dangerous since a nefarious person might copy them but, absolutely nothing came up besides one person on Yahoo Answers saying it's best to keep house keys on a separate ring from car keys. So, it must be an extremely rare or non existent occurrence.

Am I just being a bit paranoid or, should I switch out the tumblers on my lock to be on the safe side? What would you do?

I recently got some stuff installed by a local car audio shop for an insurance claim and they asked for my keys which I gave them. Later I realized, since they have my address, I probably shouldn't have given them my entire set of keys but only the single car key. I've tried Googling many different phrases to see if this risky or dangerous since a nefarious person might copy them but, absolutely nothing came up besides one person on Yahoo Answers saying it's best to keep house keys on a separate ring from car keys. So, it must be an extremely rare or non existent occurrence.
Am I just being a bit paranoid or, should I switch out the tumblers on my lock to be on the safe side? What would you do?
Probably just being paranoid (especially if you live in a half decent neighborhood). Could always swap out your deadlocks if you really think it will be an issue. Just know that if someone wants to break into your house, it's a lot easier to get through a window than going through the front door.

chonglirape.jpg

Locks are for honest people if they want in your house it is very easy to get in , get an alarm and a assault rifle and sleep easy at night

Why would you be afraid?

If someone breaks your door open then its one thing, but if you can prove that your stuff was stolen and the police do not see any force entry then they will automatically assume the person who does not live there that had last access to your key will be the main person to look for.

Its common sense a person will not do this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.