Good fronts to run off of HU?

YoungBloodM50
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Colorado
I would like to upgrade my front speakers but really don't want to run another amp. So what speakers have you guys used that you were surprisingly pleased with, when powered by your head unit? I am currently using some sweet Kicker 07DS600 which are legions better than the stock speakers, but still not quite cutting it.

So what do you guys think?

P.S. This isn't a WTB thread, I just want suggestions. Thanks anyway.

Yeah, trust me I ran my speakers (polk db651's) off of my headunit for a while before i finally purchased an amp. While they did sound better than stock, they still sounded like **** compared to now. And they're only rated for 60wRMS.

I already have another amp, but thanks for the post ***** post. I don't want to install the amp because the only place it will fit is under the front seat and I really don't want it there. I just got the mono amp out of there.

So Back to my original question, any set of coaxes that would be decent (I know it won't be as good as it would be if an amp was installed) when only being powered by the HU. Seriously, everybody here uses an amp to power their speakers? Anybody?

ya i use an amp to power all my speakers, 2 2channel in my car plus my mono, my moms car about to put a 4 channel in her car, and a 2 channel for bass

I would like to upgrade my front speakers but really don't want to run another amp. So what speakers have you guys used that you were surprisingly pleased with, when powered by your head unit? I am currently using some sweet Kicker 07DS600 which are legions better than the stock speakers, but still not quite cutting it.
So what do you guys think?

P.S. This isn't a WTB thread, I just want suggestions. Thanks anyway.

I ran my pioneer premier 720 prs comps for a while before I bought an amp and they sounded PHENOMENAL just off of hu power...I couldnt really believe how amazing they sound.....but then again they are rated at 50 watts rms ......trust me you will be satisfied....

Dude! FCK OFF Still! You piece of sh!t! I clearly explained my reason for not wanting to install an amp. Laziness has nothing to do with it. You obviously can't read so stop sh!tting on my thread. It's a simple question exclusively for people who have (and were satisfied) or are running aftermarket speakers off of the HU. If you haven't done it then your opinion means nothing to me.

Dude! FCK OFF Still! You piece of sh!t! I clearly explained my reason for not wanting to install an amp. Laziness has nothing to do with it. You obviously can't read so stop sh!tting on my thread. It's a simple question exclusively for people who have (and were satisfied) or are running aftermarket speakers off of the HU. If you haven't done it then your opinion means nothing to me.
YouMad.jpg

mad?

look for some efficient speakers, with a db rating of 90 or better, that sound good to you. most below a rating of 90 will not sound good. Focal & Hertz have good db ratings

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.