Hair trick

Not adding to ohms law.. im stating current facts due to remastered bass music specifically for hair tricks
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
OK, so how does a sine wave with a constant voltage require more power at 20hz than 50hz?

OK, so how does a sine wave with a constant voltage require more power at 20hz than 50hz?
As far as a sine wave whatever power is used is the same, but is a constant consumption..
But theres not many guys doing hair tricks at 50hz is there?

My point was to add more power to deal with the constant consumption of power due to the longer wave in the notes used for the songs.

If he wanted to do burps that hair tricks then he could do it on a stock alt with larger bank, but it wouldn't work so good in the long run..

Instead of consistently trying to one up others why not look at the point being made unless the person is completely wrong.

Even if like so the comment didnt make sence.

18 custom 6k, a Belva 5500d around 1800 watts, stock alt, 1 xs battery Soon the amp and electrical will be upgraded along with deadening and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i'd start with a quality amp first and electricals. Get a vital power 7k or taramps bass 12k or something if you want to go half ohm. If you just want to wire to 1 ohm then you can get a taramps hd 15k

I didn’t mean to start an argument. I was wondering like the basics and different ways to achieve this. But I do know lower frequency uses less power than higher, because whenever it plays a higher frequency my idle in the car tends to drop a lil than when it plays lower if that makes sense

I didn’t mean to start an argument. I was wondering like the basics and different ways to achieve this. But I do know lower frequency uses less power than higher, because whenever it plays a higher frequency my idle in the car tends to drop a lil than when it plays lower if that makes sense

Depends on the music not the frequencies as if that was the case then 2+ channel amps would require more power.
But some arguments arent bad as you learn a bit more especially with the question you are asking.

What about where you tune? Sub doesn't have to "work" as hard at those frequencies? I am asking, not telling.
My voltage is mighty stable at 31-35 and I'm tuned at 33.
I would assume it would be different for many setups as box rise would play a role.

That would work depending on the vehicle..
It takes alot of work to get a hair trick..

You need to fully seal off your system, deaden as much as possible and stiffen things up.

And you will need the power to handle such a dip in power since hitting the lows takes more power then 32hz and up.

That’s makes no sense lmao

But I do know lower frequency uses less power than higher,
Ohm's law says P=IE. Frequency doesn't enter into it.

Seriously, use the search function. This topic has been done before and done better. IMO you should run out and buy a fan if you just want to blow your hair around. The efficiency of a loudspeaker (electrical energy in to acoustic energy out) is absolutely dismal... 1 or 2 percent, and even our "high efficiency" class d amps aren't stellar.

Go overboard with power and cone/port area... when you're loud enough cool things will happen for you to make youtube videos and you'll start breaking your vehicle. Or try to build a one-note-wonder that'll only be good for playing test tones or some ****** slowed whale song.

Whatever way you slice it, you're going to need to get really loud so you had better have some time and/or money.

As far as a sine wave whatever power is used is the same, but is a constant consumption..
But theres not many guys doing hair tricks at 50hz is there?

My point was to add more power to deal with the constant consumption of power due to the longer wave in the notes used for the songs.

If he wanted to do burps that hair tricks then he could do it on a stock alt with larger bank, but it wouldn't work so good in the long run..

Instead of consistently trying to one up others why not look at the point being made unless the person is completely wrong.

Even if like so the comment didnt make sence.

Just stop already. You've gone from "lower frequencies take more power" to "low frequencies have longer wavelengths which take more power" to "hair trick songs take more power". P=IE It's called Ohm's Law.

If you want to backpedal even further and say "You will need a strong electrical system to play really loud for extended periods of time" that is true, but it's nothing like what you started out saying.

What about where you tune? Sub doesn't have to "work" as hard at those frequencies? I am asking, not telling.
My voltage is mighty stable at 31-35 and I'm tuned at 33.
Your sub is moving the least at tuning but that will be the lowest point on your impedance curve.

So they negate each other?
The sub is moving the least at tuning but is receiving more power because of the lower ohm load...?

Just a guy trying to learn
The sub isn't moving much because the port is doing most of the work at tuning.

If you want to know why the impedance is lowest at tuning this is how to analyze the woofer in ported box:

VB_LF_ckt.gif

The math looks pretty ugly and is above my pay grade. Sufficed to say your impedance is lowest at port tuning.

[quote name='SuperScion9000']At what point does this happen? This is my goal. As of right now I have 2k on a 18 box tuned to 27hz and it’s a massive box it hits hard but not enough what else do I need. More power ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

@Souldrop **** he gets me every time!

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

[quote name='hispls']The sub isn't moving much because the port is doing most of the work at tuning.

If you want to know why the impedance is lowest at tuning this is how to analyze the woofer in ported box:

VB_LF_ckt.gif

The math looks pretty ugly and is above my pay grade. Sufficed to say your impedance is lowest at port tuning.[/QUOTE]
thats for a 4th order only..

So they negate each other?
The sub is moving the least at tuning but is receiving more power because of the lower ohm load...?

Just a guy trying to learn
The box/port is resonating so it puts the load on the diaphragm of the driver. hence impedance is lowest

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SuperScion9000
San tan valley, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
hispls
20240519_201344.jpg