Has anyone tried a DSO Nano?

I've had mine about month and haven't a clue how to use it. I can't get a wave to form. I'm really bad with computers and such, I'm sure its easy,

I've had mine about month and haven't a clue how to use it. I can't get a wave to form. I'm really bad with computers and such, I'm sure its easy,
If you are having trouble with the DSO just plug it into something playing a 40hz tone on repeat (or any tone for that matter) and set it to "auto." If I remember correctly, it will size the waveform correctly so it's easily visible. There's many tutorials on Youtube on how to use it, it's a very handy tool to have around.

Yes I have read most of those already but a lot are very old and wanted to know now what people think after a while of using them
save those $120 and buy yourself one. i own the v1 and has made my installs easier when installing processors and its quite accurate in measurement. i am still getting the hang of some of the features but i know soon i will master the device

save those $120 and buy yourself one. i own the v1 and has made my installs easier when installing processors and its quite accurate in measurement. i am still getting the hang of some of the features but i know soon i will master the device
well I cant figure out how to install BenF on this. Also cant see the top of the wave.

I remember the purple background trace, and I think it went away with the BenF firmware update. It's been a while, and my memory sux.
Yeah I thought I had dumped in BenF firmware when I first got it but I just updated it to the latest version today and realized I was still running the stock as the GUI is different now...and the purple waveform is gone! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah I thought I had dumped in BenF firmware when I first got it but I just updated it to the latest version today and realized I was still running the stock as the GUI is different now...and the purple waveform is gone! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Well, I cant update mine and so im screwed cause I can see the whole wave

You sound like a kid man, do a little research. The DSO Nano has an entire forum section devoted to the DSO Nano and it's firmware. I'm pretty sure if you try hard enough you'll figure it out, it's really not that difficult.

A quick overview of how I did it.

Download firmware

Extract (it's two files)

Connect DSO via usb

Boot while holding the down button (or minus button if yours has + and - instead of up and down) to get into the firmware update mode

Drag and drop files onto disk once it shows up in My Computer ONE AT A TIME, it should disconnect and reconnect with the file's extension changed to .RDY

After both are on the disk just reboot it and it should run the new firmware

There's also a program they suggest in the Wiki to use to do the update but I believe that method wouldn't work for me the first time I updated but the drag/drop method did (I do have the V1 though so newer versions may need the program)

well I cant figure out how to install BenF on this. Also cant see the top of the wave.
sweet you got one already?

hmm. i never thought of updating mine.

Im setting gains on my amp and the wave gets to big for me to see. I have no vert pan
I haven't used my DSO in a while, so forgive my generalized terms, but there are two settings that you can alter while the signal is going, one will make the wave smaller/larger (vertically) and another will make it smaller/larger horizontally. There's only 4 buttons (up/down/left/right) you'll really be using while setting gains, otherwise it's almost plug and play. There's no shortage of tutorials on Youtube on how to use the DSO. A simple search will help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+use+a+DSO+nano

How did you manage to get the purple waveform to stop showing up in the background? I've tried everything...haha
If you update it to the newest OEM software, you can just scroll down to the purple option and click to the left once, and it disappears.

You sound like a kid man, do a little research. The DSO Nano has an entire forum section devoted to the DSO Nano and it's firmware. I'm pretty sure if you try hard enough you'll figure it out, it's really not that difficult.
A quick overview of how I did it.

Download firmware

Extract (it's two files)

Connect DSO via usb

Boot while holding the down button (or minus button if yours has + and - instead of up and down) to get into the firmware update mode

Drag and drop files onto disk once it shows up in My Computer ONE AT A TIME, it should disconnect and reconnect with the file's extension changed to .RDY

After both are on the disk just reboot it and it should run the new firmware

There's also a program they suggest in the Wiki to use to do the update but I believe that method wouldn't work for me the first time I updated but the drag/drop method did (I do have the V1 though so newer versions may need the program)
I know how to do it. Im not new to electronics and stuff. I used to program things a while ago. The reason I cant update to BenF is that DfuSe doesn't see my nano when I plug it in. Another try today.

sweet you got one already?

hmm. i never thought of updating mine.
Yes. Amazon Prime one day ship.

I haven't used my DSO in a while, so forgive my generalized terms, but there are two settings that you can alter while the signal is going, one will make the wave smaller/larger (vertically) and another will make it smaller/larger horizontally. There's only 4 buttons (up/down/left/right) you'll really be using while setting gains, otherwise it's almost plug and play. There's no shortage of tutorials on Youtube on how to use the DSO. A simple search will help you out.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+use+a+DSO+nano
I did what they do but theirs seem to auto scale. Mine doesn't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.