Hdc3 18 Smaller box for more power?

Hmmm... I actually do have 15in per cube. So even with more power? I thought a box csn be smaller then norm with more power? Also it wasnt very much bigger before with smaller ports and way less power.
AQ is pretty stiff suspension and it's harder than you think to bottom out an 18" on a 6 spoke frame if you're not a total retard playing below tuning. I was running an 18" with 2 very soft TC 10" spiders for a little while in nearly 9 cube and didn't run into excursion issues... though the point is my bet would be you would gain more going to 6 cube than using that extra cube in port displacement.... just my experience..... 20" port per is nice, but not a deal breaker I think

What he said... Either build a burp box or a daily box, not both...
Actuay you can have both. I have a friend in meca and iasca that has a 6th order that has a bandwidth from like 30 up to 60 strong. But thats the box he uses for burps as well. Actually when your loud on music then you should be loud on a burp. That why i build for music

What he said... Either build a burp box or a daily box, not both...
Actuay you can have both. I have a friend in meca and iasca that has a 6th order that has a bandwidth from like 30 up to 60 strong. But thats the box he uses for burps as well. Actually when your loud on music then you should be loud on a burp. That why i build for music

IMO if you want to play down to 28 you should tune @ 32. Tuning to 38 and trying to play 28 is asking for trouble on high power.
Im not a retard i dont try to play way below my tuning. I usually tune are 38hz i dont really listen to any thing below 35

That's not always true. Buck meters higher on music than he does on burps. It doesn't make much sense, but I was there when he metered... the termlab doesnt lie lol. Higher tuning and larger port area does better for burping and chasing numbers. If you want a good daily box it won't have quite as much port area and will be tuned a lot lower.

That's not always true. Buck meters higher on music than he does on burps. It doesn't make much sense, but I was there when he metered... the termlab doesnt lie lol. Higher tuning and larger port area does better for burping and chasing numbers. If you want a good daily box it won't have quite as much port area and will be tuned a lot lower.
i know this from exp, when i ran this setup before i was .7 to a 1db lower on a burp, then when i played music. my burp on the dash was a 145.4. playing music i did 146.3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.