help me with old amp!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have an old 200x2 amp that i got from a retired car audio fanatic,. I hooked it up, the little light that meant the steady power flow was on, but there was no sound. I fiddled around with the speaker and ground terminals, but no help. I then got new monster cables for it and no help. I then put it in a totally different car with different components, but no help. It seems like a decent amp and any input is greatly appreciated! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Sounds like theres no signal coming from your rca cords.

Check the rca outputs on the back of your H.U.

Or check the rca inputs on the amp, they can go bad if you run the amp with the gain cranked too high all the time.

i just recently had an amp do the same thing. like stones said, the input rcas were messed up on the amp. if i messed with them the amp would play. while messing w/them u could hear static in the sub. eventually the amp just quit. the power light was on but no sound. new amp the sub works again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.