holy sh!t... JLs selling direct?

is the parts they use to make the subs really that expensive?
or is it somethin they jsut mark up?
Everything on the sub is made just for the W7. Literally every screw, surround, cast basket, motor, etc. So the cost to make a W7 is going to be higher then the forum bonner crap peolpe drool over here. Most of the components that the FI, DD, RE, and other similar subs use are imported and cheap as dirt. Add in R&D to delelop new products, marketing, good margins for the dealers and you have I higher MSRP then the internet sub manufactures.

If you want a great sub that gets loud and sounds great doing it get a W7. If you want a sub that just gets loud and sound good get spend less and get the chinesse basket crap. Remember the W7 is now a 7 year old sub and I personally have heard few subs that come close in SQL.

Everything on the sub is made just for the W7. Literally every screw, surround, cast basket, motor, etc. So the cost to make a W7 is going to be higher then the forum bonner crap peolpe drool over here. Most of the components that the FI, DD, RE, and other similar subs use are imported and cheap as dirt. Add in R&D to delelop new products, marketing, good margins for the dealers and you have I higher MSRP then the internet sub manufactures.
If you want a great sub that gets loud and sounds great doing it get a W7. If you want a sub that just gets loud and sound good get spend less and get the chinesse basket crap. Remember the W7 is now a 7 year old sub and I personally have heard few subs that come close in SQL.

Since when is DD foreign crap?? News to me...

This coming from someone who thinks JL makes their own screws.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

What are you a fu cking salesman:rolleyes: All of the "similar subs" you mentioned would hand this sub its ass at a fraction of the cost;)

What are you a fu cking salesman:rolleyes: All of the "similar subs" you mentioned would hand this sub its ass at a fraction of the cost;)
Not in SQL. If so show me the data or reputable site that has reviewed them side by side I will change my mind. Pure SPL those subs do well and sound OK doing it. If all there is to making a great sub is a pulp cone, large surround, crappy cast basket, huge coil, and magnet I need to start a new business.

Not in SQL. If so show me the data or reputable site that has reviewed them side by side I will change my mind. Pure SPL those subs do well and sound OK doing it. If all there is to making a great sub is a pulp cone, large surround, crappy cast basket, huge coil, and magnet I need to start a new business.
So what your saying the 13W7 is the end all SQL sub, ********. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I believe the 13W7 is still assembled here in the US. And most of the parts are made in the US.

Plus a ton of patents

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif He didn't mention any subs. Just companies...

i'd put money on it that you've never even heard FI, DD, and RE subs... and if so its irrelevant to the fact that THE MOTOR is what make the sub for the most part

And you should do the same for us if you expect any of us to change our mind's.. I've heard plenty of W7's and I prefer DD 3512 that I currently have installed to any W7 I've ever heard. I personally would run a W6 before I would get near a W7 though. All around better sub IMO.

This coming from someone who thinks JL makes their own screws. You dont know **** about speaker design, stop pretending like you do.

fail-owned-lease-subway-sign-placem.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.