Northeast Region How early is too early for a show?

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV

Too Early

• Is April Too Early?

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Or is May a better time to start?

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
I just went to back-to-back db drag shows in ohio that were both outdoors.

Yeah, it was damn cold, but it was still fun. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If it was warm enough we'd do a show during the winter months, but with the weather changing without much notice and people putting away their systems it's almost pointless to put a lot of work into a show and having only a few people come out. There is a shop up here with a big install bay that we had a show in last May, but then it still comes down to getting people out in the winter months to compete, it get's too cold to sit outside and tweak your system. The temps last week were below zero, thats just too cold for a show.

I just went to back-to-back db drag shows in ohio that were both outdoors.
Yeah, it was damn cold, but it was still fun. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thats the great thing about most dB Draggers, they're dedicated. Most of the competitors here in New England are fairly new to competing and don't have the same level of dedication to the sport that some of us have. I remember last March driving 10 hours in a blizzard for a Drags 3X, the drive was scary but it was worth it when we got there.

It's too bad that Circuit City folded, we were looking to do at least three shows at the CC in Boston and possibly some other stores. Hmm, wonder if we can get one at a Best Buy instead.
careful, they might burn you like they did me........ I had many contacts and still got RAPED!.....

Ya who ever came up with the idea to have a comp @ Hooters is a genious! BTW Smokedog tricked us this thread is 10 months old ;-) But it works for the upcoming season well... more shows at Hooters please, I was unable to make the one this season :-(

Steve, you just let us know...... I think we got that Hooters out here that wants to do 3 shows next year...... NESPL?......
You just let me know next season when they get the dates, I'm sure we can do it. I've been getting a lot of offers already for next season, I think I might have to get some additional judges to run shows for me next season. We could see two shows in a day, in two different states.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...