how far away can x-overs be from speakers

2008screw
10+ year member

How far away can you place the passive x-overs from the actual speakers and is there any signal loss or any other problem if they are far away?

I ask because I have not found a suitable place to stash them close to the door speakers. I was thinking about placing them close to the amps that will be running them mounted on the back wall of my truck behind the rear seats.

I prefer my passive crossovers to be very far away from me...like in a landfill //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

like i said, place them wherever is most convenient for you. it does not matter. absolutely nothing wrong with placing crossovers in your trunk. you will not lose any signal, why would you? crossovers do what they are suppose to do, filter frequencies and thats it.

like i said, place them wherever is most convenient for you. it does not matter. absolutely nothing wrong with placing crossovers in your trunk. you will not lose any signal, why would you? crossovers do what they are suppose to do, filter frequencies and thats it.
I thought there might be some sort of loss due to distance like there can be with power wire.

If there is not, then awesome, I do not have to worry about it.

Thanks for the help guys.

How far away can you place the passive x-overs from the actual speakers and is there any signal loss or any other problem if they are far away?
I ask because I have not found a suitable place to stash them close to the door speakers. I was thinking about placing them close to the amps that will be running them mounted on the back wall of my truck behind the rear seats.
I always put the xOvers in the doors.

I always put the xOvers in the doors.
Do you mean in the actual door on mounted on the interior? If you put them on the inside, i dont think you should keep them their, this is because they can get wet and rust and bad things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.