How to do a proper Auto Burnout?

...now, my dads truck, thats a different story. that thing is makeing over 600 hp (thats not outragous for a diesel either). its a F-250 turbo diesel with all kinds of electronics stuff. 5" exhaust all the way back. some turbo work done. the thing will get goin sideways at 30 mph if you stomp on it.
I know of several 500+hp diesels, however yes that power is most certainly outrageous for a diesel and you will not get any kind of life out of one if its constantly putting out those kind of power levels.... Sure you werent confusing the HP with the TORQUE?

To that end post dyno graph or time slip please...

And yes we own 3 diesels and I know all 3 very well - '94 chevy 6.5LTD, '98 5.9LTD ISB Cummins, and a '05 Powerstroke 6.0L //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I know of several 500+hp diesels' date=' however yes that power is most certainly outrageous for a diesel and you will not get any kind of life out of one if its constantly putting out those kind of power levels.... Sure you werent confusing the HP with the TORQUE?

To that end post dyno graph or time slip please...

And yes we own 3 diesels and I know all 3 very well - '94 chevy 6.5LTD, '98 5.9LTD ISB Cummins, and a '05 Powerstroke 6.0L //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif[/quote']

about 720 ft/lbs of torque is what the local diesel tuner figured. as far as keeping the thing alive, cooling is the key according to the tuner. the thing has 30k miles on it so far, about 20k worth of towing, no problems.

about 720 ft/lbs of torque is what the local diesel tuner figured. as far as keeping the thing alive, cooling is the key according to the tuner. the thing has 30k miles on it so far, about 20k worth of towing, no problems.
He is correct. What are the EGTs and IAT's sitting at? 7.3L or 6.0L?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

It should be more like 1100-1200 TQ @ 600hp and without drugs most Powerjokes ain't making 600hp.

NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT - bulllshh!!!!t!

the 6.0L 32v turbocharged intercooled diesel produces 325hp/570tq BONE STOCK. (Navistar's engine before Fords messing with it produces significantly more tq and less hp...)

Torque numbers are usually double the HP numbers with diesels... hell an exhuast and a power tuner will get me (yes we own an 05 powerjoke F250) more torque than what your mechanic estimated with the hp coming in around 400-450hp or so with just that tuner and exhuast.

You either need to pay attention to your dad's mechanic, and if you were, and he said that, find a new mechanic PRONTO.

a simple programmer is worth 100-125 hp on a diesel. when you get into the exhaust and turbo components, you can find much more. banks can pull 900 hp out of a bone stock 6.0 turbo diesel.

a simple programmer is worth 100-125 hp on a diesel. when you get into the exhaust and turbo components, you can find much more. banks can pull 900 hp out of a bone stock 6.0 turbo diesel.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bsflag.gif.21f42eccd34b7d1eb1608fb1b59b69c3.gif

There is NO furd making 900hp, it very hard for the Cummins guys to get to that level if there even there and they are the top dogs. And no way in hell anybodies at that level without major mods to the block. Yes, 1 tuner can get you into the 400s, but the stock furd tranny can't hardly handle the stock power. Banks is a joke none of the guys putting down real power have banks on there trucks.

You have no clue what your talking about, Here is a link to a furd Dyno Board just in case you don't want to listen.

If i take off the traction control i can do it by giving it 1/2 throttle from a stand still and no brake.

Not even the Diesel chevy truck on TRUCKS made that much power and it had just about everything done to it

Unless you have lots on mods it does make a lot more power and Trucks is just an info-merical and that wasn't even close to everything. It just doesn't accelerate as fast without building boost first. The new generation Chevy will smoke'em from a stop with no power braking. And 1 tuner and 2gs into the tranny will get you into the 12s @ `500hp and 1150tq in a 7,000 lb.+ Chevy truck add drugs and low 12s.

i've seen pretty much stock chevy 2500hd's pushing out 600hp and 900ft lb of tq with pretty much nothing but tuning... and an allison tranny has no problem handling that

You will get some slippage when you punch it.
More than that you would smoke the tranny @ 600hp you could drive it very easy and be ok and some mods detect slip and will defuel to stop it. A stock Allison will live at best with 450hp, but $5K and you have a warranted tranny for unlimited HP & TQ. And any diesel pickup pushing 600hp is far from stock.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.