How to run a Nintendo 64 in the car?

Mills561
10+ year member

BURR
I'm going to install my system soon but I have a question about installing a game console....

I have a kenwood dnx5120, it has 3 sets of red/white AV and 2 yellow (top one says "R-CAM / V-IN" and bottom says "AV OUT". I'm going to be running 2 amps so that takes up 2 red/white - leaving me with an open red/white/yellow. That's all I need for the a/v part right? So how would I hook up the power wire? Do I have to purchase something like this? Valor ACC-PI300 (accpi300) - Power Inverters - Sonic Electronix

I'm confused about that product though since it also has the AV outputs.

Now on to the electrical part of this... I'm installing a second battery Deka 9a31 in the back for my system and also doing the big 3 upgrade. I'll be running off my stock alt which I believe is 140ah. Is this enough to power a game console?

Any help is appreciated.

i would not recommend an N64.. they freeze on the lightest bump.. not a good system for in car...
Would a ps1 work better? I think I have one laying around, I'm not sure if it works anymore though.

But can anymore let me know if I have my facts right in my OP? Do I just need a DC to AC power converter and not the inverter I posted in OP?

im interested in this as well...ive been wanting to put a game system in my car but jus nvr pulled the trigger on it...wat kind of batt power is a game system gonna need??

Sorry for so many posts...

I hooked up the headunit to my extra battery to mess around with it. I've hooked up a Gamecube and a ps1 and neither have worked... Any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong? I've tried all possible combinations of AV outputs

you have to hook up the y/w/r from the console to INPUTS to the HU. the signal goes OUT of the console IN to the HU. thats where you is fuckin up bruh

what kind of inverter you got?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.