HU EQ questions...

wp7456
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
orlando
Is my headunit's "0-15" SW boost good or bad? It won't clip the signal will it? I have an alpine 9883 btw.

Also, when I set my gain for my subs using a 60 hz 0db test tone, I use a multi meter on the amp and leave the subs disconnected from the amp, however when turning the HU up to 3/4 volume, it gets super loud, and I don't want to hurt my door speakers. Will they be okay?

When I set my HPF on my HU, that won't affect my subs right? Just asking because the "bass" eq on the HU affects my subs and my door speakers. Thanks guys.

okay yeah I think it is the level it is not too clear in the manual but it appears so. What about playing the 60 hz. 0 db test tone? Will that damage my speakers when pumping it up to 3/4 volume?

just wanted to piggy-back on this post since my question is in the same area. i just want to preface my question with the statement that i am just now getting into the more detailed aspects of car audio. been hooking up amps, etc. for years, but never paid much attention to SQ or settings, etc. just did everything by ear.

i have a Panasonic CQC7205U which has the following sound settings:

Bass Adjustment - -12db to 12db

Treble Adjustment - 12db to 12db

Subwoofer Level Adjustment - -6db to 6db

LPF - 80 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz

HPF - OFF, 90 Hz, 135 Hz, 180 Hz, 225 Hz

7 band EQ - 60, 160, 400, 1k, 3k, 6k, 16k HZ

the manual recommends running the EQ or bass/treble settings, but not both. i know that the EQ is usually set to taste, but the others i'm not sure about. i usually leave the bass/treble at 0, the subwoofer at 0, the LPF at 80, and the HPF off. i use the bass control on my amp (FUSION) to increase the bass. my question is how should i set these settings? thanks for the help.

the 0-12 or 0-15 on the sub should be put on max when setting gains for sub

the door speakers should be ok for a little bit

here is what i would do

set the hu sub setting to max,not bass boost or EQ,just the 0-15 on the sub set it to max

then set your gains

then use your bass knob

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.