ida-x305s?? is there just as good for cheaper?

jt34237
10+ year member

I would like to be able to save some money with the deck to be able to put it toward speakers. CNET rates this really high. Says it has a very easy to use interface for accessing the ipod. I don't listen to cds anymore. The Ipod is all I use. Plus this deck bypasses the ipod DAC to the one inside the deck which is "supposed" to be much better and result in a hq output. Anyone have any experience with this deck? Experience with other decks with the ipod being the primary method of input? My budget is $300. Oh and I don't care about video, gps, any of that. I just GOOD music, 3 Preouts, and an easy to use interface.

Thanks

The HU in general is basic, the layout and Ipod control are excellent. If you want this HU to have more functionality you need to add optional attachments. I would recommend the H100 imprint unit for more audio control.

For other options, Kenwood has the KIV-BT900 coming out and Pioneer has the MVH-P8200BT. These units are very similar to the Alpine, these two units have a larger screen and a better GUI IMO.

I have owned several models of the Alpine, look into the IDA thread, there is some good info in there.

i agree with several mentioned above...... within the price range look into these also...most manufacturers come out with similar technology

Pioneer MVH-P8200BT

Pioneer deh-p7200hd

the ida-x305s is the smart choice for sure if you have an iphone because of its compatibility with the pandora application, but as far as just for an ipod, i think that pioneer has better options for your buck such as the two listed above. But if i had an iphone i think i would go with the 305s

the ida-x305s is the smart choice for sure if you have an iphone because of its compatibility with the pandora application, but as far as just for an ipod, i think that pioneer has better options for your buck such as the two listed above. But if i had an iphone i think i would go with the 305s
Yes I have researched the pioneer and I think it has the functionality that I need. Good equalizer built into the deck. With the alpine I'll have to buy an extra component to have the same functionality and I don't have an Iphone.

I have the x305s and I really love it. There is actually more audio controls that people think. If you just press the imprint button it brings up basic settings but if you hold down the imprint button for a few seconds more options come up, and I don't have the Imprint module either. I think the music sounds great, the iPod controls are amazing and if you have HD radio it has a tagging feature which allows you to tag the song you hear...."The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on HD Radio stations and stores the info on your iPod. The next time you connect your iPod to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them from directly from iTunes." That's from Alpine's website. I have found a lot of music I probably wouldnt have without that feature.

I have the x305s and I really love it. There is actually more audio controls that people think. If you just press the imprint button it brings up basic settings but if you hold down the imprint button for a few seconds more options come up, and I don't have the Imprint module either. I think the music sounds great, the iPod controls are amazing and if you have HD radio it has a tagging feature which allows you to tag the song you hear...."The iTunes Tagging feature lets you Tag songs you hear on HD Radio stations and stores the info on your iPod. The next time you connect your iPod to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them from directly from iTunes." That's from Alpine's website. I have found a lot of music I probably wouldnt have without that feature.
Thanks for the mini review. I used the x100 at a car audio shop here in town and I loved the interface but have since changed my thoughts about being without a CD player. So right now I'm looking at the newest single din model that pioneer makes(DEH-P7200HD), the only issue i have with it at this point is the lack of usb port in the rear of the deck. I can pretty much guarentee that the ipod interface doesn't come close the the x305s but i'm willing to adapt to a lesser quality interface to continue to have a CD player. BTW How are is the equalizer without imprint? I here it's pretty lacking considering the price for the deck... you seem to disagree.

Ehhh, let's say they could have done better but really...I don't think you need an equalizer with how good the deck processes sound, that may sound weird but I really feel that the deck provides perfect sound right out of the box (obviously you have to adjust bass/treble etc...) but generally speaking its a great deck. I'm biased towards Alpine so just take that into consideration, I think when it comes to head units they are the best. Subs and amps, now that's a different story.

Can one use the iPhone while connected to the ida-x305s? Or, is the screen disabled? For example, can the GPS be used at the same time the Alpine is accessing the music on the iPhone and charging?

I'm thinking about getting the x305. Is it necessary to get the bt option (Alpine KCE-400BT - Car audio Bluetooth adapter ) if you are going to hook up directly to the hu? And, if hooking directly to the hu, do you still need the ipod cable (Alpine KCE 422i - Digital player data cable - Apple Dock connector) or does it ship with one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.