I'm now a Type R believer.

DB_DRAG_SPL
10+ year member

Stupidity is Contagious
WV
We did a simple install for a customer today and the Type R's have made a believer out of me.

Specs:

'95 Toyota 4Runner

STOCK Electrical

4 ga wiring

Memphis 1000.1 monoblock @ 1 ohm

(2) 12" Type R's

4cf enclosure @ 32hz (sub back/port back)

Term-LAB Legal Score: 142.3db

I must say I was a skeptic before, but these subs get LOUD off little power.

yea those things pound. Mine arent even being fully powered right now, I got 3 10s and they still bang hard. Cant wait to get my HO alternator and battery so I can wire them down to the right ohm and REALLY shake the block

they can handle a good bit of power too. my buddy had a single 12 with a 2300wrms rated amp on it. took it daily just perfect. i would buy a pair for myself but that surround is just nasty lol

ive hurd the E's, the S's, the R's and the X's was really impressed with them all except the x, have installed the x in both seald and ported boxes.. and just didnt sound as loud as it should.....infact i think the r's sounded louder then the X's...

ive hurd the E's, the S's, the R's and the X's was really impressed with them all except the x, have installed the x in both seald and ported boxes.. and just didnt sound as loud as it should.....infact i think the r's sounded louder then the X's...
the X is pretty much their "SQ" driver. for dialy pounders the R is their "flagship".

i dont remember the thread, or if it was on this forum but supposedly the type X is best in a huge sealed box. definitely isnt going to be the loudest of the bunch though, as thats not its purpose.

The type R's will handle up to 1000wrms but anything beyond that even by a little bit and your gonna start smelling the voice coil burning up....................

the X is pretty much their "SQ" driver. for dialy pounders the R is their "flagship".

i dont remember the thread, or if it was on this forum but supposedly the type X is best in a huge sealed box. definitely isnt going to be the loudest of the bunch though, as thats not its purpose.
i know it's there SQL driver... but it was just lacking in the low end... didnt like it...

The type R's will handle up to 1000wrms but anything beyond that even by a little bit and your gonna start smelling the voice coil burning up....................

they can handle a good bit of power too. my buddy had a single 12 with a 2300wrms rated amp on it. took it daily just perfect. i would buy a pair for myself but that surround is just nasty lol
^^^^^^^^^^ i beg to differ, as i did the install for a friend....

Im guessing that was aimed at me? I would love to see a type-r with more than 1000wrms. Ive hooked up severalllllllllllll in the past. I ran one off a bx1606d, in 2.5cube @ 34hz, after testing with it I found that 1000wrms was the most you could safely throw at it "daily"

Also, two weeks ago I hooked up a new amplifier for a buddy of mine to power his 12" Type-R, he was previously running 500wrms to it, he upgraded his amplifier to a newer model alpine (cant remember the model number) 1000wrms mono-block. It was in a pre-fab, enclosure was too small, and even in that setup it was getting pushed to the point that the coil would start to smell at times.

All gains set as accurately as you can get with a DMM, and I have seen several instances online where people have thrown 1000wmrs to one, never more than that.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE IT WONT TAKE IT, if owned them in the past, and I have installed atleast 4 other setups with them taking 1000wrms a piece, they wont take more than that.

Im guessing that was aimed at me? I would love to see a type-r with more than 1000wrms. Ive hooked up severalllllllllllll in the past. I ran one off a bx1606d, in 2.5cube @ 34hz, after testing with it I found that 1000wrms was the most you could safely throw at it "daily"
Also, two weeks ago I hooked up a new amplifier for a buddy of mine to power his 12" Type-R, he was previously running 500wrms to it, he upgraded his amplifier to a newer model alpine (cant remember the model number) 1000wrms mono-block. It was in a pre-fab, enclosure was too small, and even in that setup it was getting pushed to the point that the coil would start to smell at times.

All gains set as accurately as you can get with a DMM, and I have seen several instances online where people have thrown 1000wmrs to one, never more than that.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE IT WONT TAKE IT, if owned them in the past, and I have installed atleast 4 other setups with them taking 1000wrms a piece, they wont take more than that.
of course it was aimed at you. im sorry yours couldnt take it....obviously i was there when my buddies did, or i wouldnt be blabbing about it. i dont care what you think it can or cant do, i know what it did because i road around with him for about 2 days trying to see if it was all hype

of course it was aimed at you. im sorry yours couldnt take it....obviously i was there when my buddies did, or i wouldnt be blabbing about it. i dont care what you think it can or cant do, i know what it did
lawl, your ignorance is too much for me to handle. im going to leave this thread now based upon your opinion. lol all I can do is laugh at you at this point //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.