Image Dynamics CTX65CS 6.5" vs CDT Audio Classic CL-61A-25 PRO

Participant count
  • Participant list

wakeforce

Canada
Hi all,

Both these component sets are 169.99$ on Woofersetc. Which one would you pick between both? This will be for a car with a sub, so low bass isn't a big issue, but clarity and imaging is important. It will be powered by a 75Wx2 amp.

Thanks for your suggestions! Also open to other options in that price range.

Woofersetc is not an authorized CDT dealer and that set is quite old. You can get a similar current model component set with the factory warranty and my full support. CL-61 is the set. You can spend a little more and get HD-61A. HD-61A is a dealer exclusive which you won't find on the CDT web site.

Woofersetc is not an authorized CDT dealer and that set is quite old. You can get a similar current model component set with the factory warranty and my full support. CL-61 is the set. You can spend a little more and get HD-61A. HD-61A is a dealer exclusive which you won't find on the CDT web site.
Can't see the HD-61A on your website. Could you give me a direct link? Thanks!

Can't see the HD-61A on your website. Could you give me a direct link? Thanks!
It's not listed online.

• 1 pair HD-E6 (improved for 2012) 6.5″ mid woofer
  • 1 pair EX-530 24 dB/octave 2-way crossover, 3 dB Tweeter Adjustment
  • 1 pair HD-100 1″ silk tweeter
  • Power handling: 170 watt RMS @ HPF 120 Hz
  • Frequency response: 65 Hz – 20,000 Hz
  • Impedance: 4 Ohm
  • Sensitivity: 91.6 dB
  • Mounting depth: 2.74”
  • Flush and surface tweeter housings

I have heard from many that CDT is not the same quality it was years ago. I had several sets of old CL series comps and they sounded good but the ID CTX's sounded better. The CTX have lots of midbass and extremely nice smooth sounding tweeters. Go with the CTX you will love them.

I have heard from many that CDT is not the same quality it was years ago. I had several sets of old CL series comps and they sounded good but the ID CTX's sounded better. The CTX have lots of midbass and extremely nice smooth sounding tweeters. Go with the CTX you will love them.
I have heard from many people who have used CDT speakers for years and no one has suggested that in any way.

But are they using the newer stuff made in the last few years? They have moved production over to China as of just a couple years ago.

I tried the new HD 6x9's and they sounded just like any average speaker, compared to my older CF carbon fiber CDT 6x9 from many years ago it was a difference of night and day. Many people I know who were big cdt fans have noticed a drop in quality as well.

But are they using the newer stuff made in the last few years? They have moved production over to China as of just a couple years ago.I tried the new HD 6x9's and they sounded just like any average speaker, compared to my older CF carbon fiber CDT 6x9 from many years ago it was a difference of night and day. Many people I know who were big cdt fans have noticed a drop in quality as well.
All of the CDT product I've sold in the last 3 years has been the newest product directly from the CDT factory in California. They do final assembly in-house. Chinese-built parts are in products in all aspects of our lives covering the whole spectrum of quality. The speakers get revised periodically, and I can't promise every change is going to please everyone's ears. Considering that virtually every car audio brand has had people come out to say "the quality just isn't what it used to be", yet the companies are still around going strong, this doesn't phase me. I hear the first-hand testimonials from my customers telling me how pleased they are with their CDT speakers, and many of these customers are buying the brand for a second or third or nth time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.